Perched on an escarpment with fantastic views of Victoria and the Marsalforn Valley, the SW facing terrace is a lovely place to sit out. There is a BBQ (gas, not coal/wood) and some plastic seating & table and sun loungers.
Despite what some reviews have said, the swimming pool was clean enough. Sure, flies and petals build up but the man comes around once or twice a week to hoover them up but a skim net is provided. It can get a bit breezy... The pool was unusable unfortunately in late September: too cold. Oh well, the sea was just fine.
The apartment was in good nick but there was no frying pan (just a wok) and I think basic stuf like salt, sugar, oil, tea, washing up liquid & sufficeint toilet rolls should have been provided. There was a faint smell & feeling of dampness in the second bedroom which is insufficiently ventilated but well air-cooled. My biggest gripe was the floor which has clearly never been dusted and there was no broom to do it ourselves. Cleanliness could do with improving.
However, negatives aside, the farmhouse apartments are very well situated and everything is conveniently nearby. Gozo is small but DO NOT think of coming here without a hire car. You have a personal underground parking space and there is free washing facilities too.
Monica, the owner/host is friendly & helpful as was the maintenance man whose name I forget.
Beware if you are arriving late on a Saturday as the shops are closed on Sundays!
This would be a five star rating but for the disappointing kitchen provisions and dirty floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo is a family run business offering a charming collection of 21 self-catering farmhouses for rent. They are nestled in the quaint outskirts of Xaghra village, each enjoying stunning countryside views and a private pool. Each farmhouse enjoys its own private entrance. All the farmhouses have free Wifi, a fully equipped kitchen, bedrooms all ensuite, free Wifi, TV and air-conditioning. The Xaghra village square is only a pleasant 10 minute walk away. Here one can find a variety of restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, bank and a fuel station. The name 'Bellavista' acknowledges the sumptuous vistas that are the hallmark of our self-catering farmhouses. Our office lies in the heart of these farmhouses, ensuring 24-hour, prompt service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Farmhouses Hotel Xaghra
- Bellavista Farmhouses Gozo Island Of Gozo/Xaghra, Malta