Open today: 09:00 - 05:00
Review Highlights
Looking for a unique experience?

Some might think deep med bought some reviews, as they are all great - but it was great! The... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Sascha M
Just awesome guys and an awesome experience

I just finished may wave1 as a beginner with Fabrice and David from DeepMed...and what should I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Christoph Z

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews free diving coaching sessions explaining things professional approach fun dives fantastic instructor five days beautiful gozo his passion fabrice teacher training skills freediving teaching wreck techniques
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2023

Just home after an amazing time in Gozo training with Fabrice at Deep Med. An awesome instructor and all round good guy, Fabrice worked non stop to make this an unforgettable experience filled with great dives and good vibes. Being that Fabrice is from Gozo also means that he knows all the best spots, whether it’s the deep blue for line diving or the countless caves the island has to offer. If you’re reading this as either a complete beginner or seasoned freediver I can’t recommend Deep Med highly enough. Even before departure to Gozo, Fabrice helped with finding me great accommodation and couldn’t be more helpful with every step of the trip.

Date of experience: June 2023
Reviewed 27 February 2023

What a great 4-day experience of coaching with Fabrice! I contacted him very last minute so was grateful for his prompt reply and that he recommended coaching over a course, which suited my needs best. As you can get a taste of on the Deep Med website, Fabrice teaches his students to take their time to learn good skills and find comfort underwater. This was exactly what I needed. With each dive, Fabrice offered simple and effective feedback, helping me make the next dive even better. He created a relaxed yet focused atmosphere and I really enjoyed his attention, curiosity and patience, with a seemingly endless well of exercises to draw from! This definitely helped keep my enthusiasm (and own curiosity & patience) up despite challenges to equalise. The training on land included relaxation, stretching and breath holds, which I've felt encouraged to continue back home.

If you get a chance, do end a dive at sunset.

The only drawback of contacting Deep Med (if it is one) is that it risks making you want to extend your stay, or come back :)

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed 23 February 2023

I had a very nice week with Fabrice ! I appreciated his patience and his good coaching ; I was able to achieve my new depth record at 20m and feel comfortable at it :)
He took many pictures and videos which were included, it's very nice to relive those amazing moments.

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed 28 December 2022 via mobile

Had the best freediving experience with DeepMed in Gozo, Malta!

Fabrice is an excellent instructor, very patient and adapts the trainings according to the level and the observed skills. Absolutely recomend training sessions as it is very helpful to correct mistakes and improve the skills. Stretching in the morning before the session with lots of tips to improve.

Fundiving in Malta is absolutely divine, had the best visibility and diving around the wreck was sensational. The landscapes surrounding Comino and Gozo are marevelous, absolutely recommend!

I stayed in the accomodation provided with the club: very nice setting with two adorable cats!

Big thanks to Fabrice for adjusting a 4day training option out of season in December: the conditions were perfect for diving even in winter!

Date of experience: December 2022
Reviewed 27 November 2022 via mobile

I can’t understand the good reviews. We booked a 5-day coaching package with Fabrice in September 2022, first with accommodation. We were not satisfied with the facilities for the price charged, e.g., the closet in our room was broken, there was an unpleasant smell of mold and litter box in the house and mold in the fridge. So we checked out and looked for another place to stay.

The freediving experience with Fabrice was ok, but nothing special. For the morning stretching sessions we were given blue stained and crumbling yoga mats. Afterwards we had blue spots from the mat on our body, not very pleasant. It would be nice if he could provide new yoga mats (only one of four yoga mats was new).

Overall, the price is too high for the service offered. With other freedive instructors in Malta you get better service, e.g., water, snacks and edited photos, for less money.

We have waited almost 2 months for our promised videos from Fabrice. When i asked him again in November, he wrote: „I am very sorry but the photos are somewhere at the bottom of the sea. I had to buy a new gopro shortly after you left“.

As proof, he sent an invoice for a GoPro 10, dated 2nd October. I was very surprised because I asked him for the videos one day later on the 3rd October, and he wrote me via WhatsApp: “Hey. I have a backlog so will be a short while.“

His story seemed strange to us: why didn't he inform us about the loss of the GoPro at that time?

So we decided to ask our buddy, who also participated in our coaching sessions, if she got the videos. To our surprise, she wrote us that Fabrice sent the videos to her, and finally she gave us her videos (thank you so much buddy, you made us so happy :-), now we have a memory of the blue hole).

And we can also post photos of us to the review ;-).

His behavior is very unprofessional in my opinion. We paid 400 Euro each for a 5-day coaching, and we can expect a certain service for that. Fabrice does not fulfill this in our opinion. He does not seem to be very organized and customer-oriented.

Finally, i will not recommend Deep Med to my dive buddies and freediving club members.

Date of experience: September 2022
Fabrice B, Owner at Deep Med, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2022

Thank you for your review Martina. I’m sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. Please let me reply to you.

Firstly, I’d like to thank you you pointing out all the positive reviews both on Trip advisor and on Google.

You are correct about the blue bits from the yoga mats. They are due to my cats playing on them and is difficult to control and I do buy new yoga mats every season. I am sorry if this bothered you.

The closet was not broken but sometimes get’s stuck and can be fixed within 2 minutes. Regarding the smell of mould in the room I have never heard of this. It could be you were smelling humidity (which was extremely high during your time here). I am sorry for this.

The rooms are cleaned professionally by a cleaner every time after use. The guest fridge is also cleaned weekly by the cleaners. I am very careful with these things as I sometimes rent rooms on Airbnb for which I have a super host track record and high rating on cleanliness. You can heard over and check for yourself.

The litter box which belongs to my cats is in a separate bathroom located downstairs and cleaned daily. I am sorry if the smell bothered you but again this was not brought to my attention.

When you first arrived in Gozo all you told me was ‘we want to leave for more privacy’. Non of your complaint was brought to my attention. When you first emailed me I asked if you want a room each but you were happy to share a room. As you know, I did not charge you for cancelling you stay on arrival which goes against my policy.

Now regarding the photos and GoPro. The reason I sent you the invoice is because you messaged me back saying 'I don't believe your lie'. So please let me explain. I do not only have 1 card that stores photos, I have 5 cards. I am constantly changing them because videos take loads of space. You buddy Phoebe had her videos because I sorted them quickly and she happened to have a couple with you in them. Unfortunately, the majority your photos and videos were in the GoPro that sunk. I cannot explain it any better and I am sorry but I don't purposely want to sink my equipment and spend more money. I had a huge back log at the time and didn't realise your photos were in that GoPro. It's difficult for me to keep up during high season. I didn't only loose yours but other customers.

On the second day you shouted out in front of everyone 'THIS IS BORING'. So I brought you to the side and had an honest conversation with you asking what was wrong. You told me you didn't want coaching but to have fun.

When you first emailed me you specifically requested for coaching and it's very clear on the website what it entails. If you were after exploration there were other options.

I am sorry that your choice for coaching was not what you had in mind however I could not change the schedule as others had booked coaching. If it was just the two of you we could have changed things up according to your needs.

Please note my prices are inclusive of VAT (18%). For what you paid you got 5 days of line diving with morning stretching and EQ practice plus two exploration sessions. I can assure you (and anyone can check this out) that my prices (for what I offer) are one of the best on the islands.

As you can see from my reviews, my experiences are very personal and I get the job done right by helping my clients achieve what they wish. I don't always expect 5 star reviews but I do expect the reviewer to speak the truth and not miss out on the all good things that came out of your holiday as I'm certain there were. Your friend Daria was very happy with her performances as we managed to fix many things and set new personal bests! You both told me that you both gained plenty of knowledge you didn’t from your courses.

Again I am sorry, but please understand that photos & videos are not the be and end all of your trip. If you and Daria wish, please get in touch with me. I am offering you a free week together to rectify this situation as I wish for all my customers to be happy. You have my email and my Whatsapp.

All the best,