“LOVELY AND PEACEFUL”

Kitchen Garden of San Anton Palace
Ranked #162 of 404 things to do in Island of Malta
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We sort of stumpled on this and are glade that we did. It is not part of the usual tourist hotspots, but we found it to be one of the nicest features of Malta. The gardens are superb, the palace is well kept and has interesting history; ducks, swans and turtles to see - would go here again.

1  Thank Jaywiseman
"bloom"
"pastizzi"
"plants"

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Not as well known and a little out of the way, although two buses go here, this is well worth a visit. The palace itself is not open since it is lived in by the President of Malta but the outside is very impressive. The gardens are lovely in themselves and nice and cool; we visited Malta in October and the temperature was 90! The Kitchen gardens are interesting with a full range of plants available to see which those of us from northern latitudes don't see often growing. There is also a small cafe on site which is always wellcome..

4  Thank ronn52
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Kitchen Garden is a perfect accompaniment to a visit to the San Anton Palace & Gardens. Everything here is tasteful, charming,and done to a very high standard. Even on the L'istrina night the food was excellent and the best thing of course is that all the profits go to the Community Chest Fund of our President and his wife. We will certainly be spending many more delightful evenings there and i would suggest it to anyone wanting a nice cup of coffee, some delightful Maltese cheesecakes and pastries and have a relaxed evening... Superb evening pleasure!!! Any discerning traveller should include this on his/her itinerary when visiting Malta.

1  Thank Sangeeta S
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I ever stepped foot in the Kitchen Garden of San Anton. I had never knew that such a place existed...what a shame. This place has a unique mixture of fun and relaxing. I went there primarily for an errand and I found myself awed by what surrounded me. Beautiful garden with a heavenly swan terrace... not to mention the peacocks, horses, reindeers and all sorts of animas! I was amazed and it felt like I had stepped foot in heaven. Another area of this place is dedicated to a playing space for the children, where adults can have a snack too. All in all this place has what it takes for a morning out with family and/or friends. A slight disappointment though were the opening hours, as I would have expected that a place like that would be open all day.

2  Thank Elysia M
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We arrived at the main gardens of San Anton.It was very hot so we sat the shade and enjoyed all the vista's.At about 2 pm We decided to find these Kitchen Garden which are actually outside the main gardens.I was gutted to find they were closed for the afternoon.
Check on timings before you go.Coming from England it never occurs to me that they would be closed in the main season on a Monday afternoon .

1  Thank Susieann91