“This WILL be the number 1 restaurant in Marsaxlokk”
Review of T'Anna Mari

T'Anna Mari
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: T'Anna Mari Restaurant is situated in Marsaxlokk, in the South of Malta. Here you can enjoy the best Mediterranean dishes created by Salvatore.
Balloch, United Kingdom
“This WILL be the number 1 restaurant in Marsaxlokk”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have just returned from another trip to our favourite destination Malta and as as we always do now we stay down in Marsaxlokk.
Marsaxlokk is well know on the Island for being one of the best places to eat with what I can confirm a lot of excellent restaurants and we were luck enough to have arrived just after this new one the T'Annamari opened for business.

Although there are still a few small finishing touches to be put in place we thought it looked lovely and decided to book an evening meal and we are so pleased we did.

Upon arrival the owner Isaac remembered us from when we had made the booking and soon had us seated at a table of our choice, still being a bit cooler at night we sat towards the rear of the restaurant which is finished in a traditional style and also had a very interesting video presentation running about Marsaxlokk and the traditional fishing still done in the village.

T'Annamari specialises in traditional Maltese dishes and we had a truly amazing free Maltese platter to start (one of the best if not the best we have had) with the best tomato paste we have ever tasted, mr Heinz would love the recipe for this.

Sally for her main had fresh homemade ravioli with spinach and ricotta which she thoroughly enjoyed while I had ... now I know this is not for everybody....horse stew, however this was excellent, even Sally when I eventually talked her in to trying it loved it.

The generosity of the T'Annamari was amazing, as well as the free starter we were given a lovely limoncello cocktail and beautiful hand made chocolates to finish.

As I mentioned T'Annamari specialises in traditional Maltese food and this shouldn't be confused with the dishes other restaurants offer, this food is something else completely and quite unique, I wish I had paid a bit more attention to the menu so I could tell you what other traditional dishes they offer oops.

We were so impressed with our meal that night we went in for a lunch before we flew home and once again we were greeted very warmly and as it was during the day hot enough to sit at the front of the restaurant and yes a Maltese platter appeared as a starter yum.

I really can't fault either the food prepared by Tiziana or the friendliness of the owners Isaac and his father and would highly recommend you try T'Annamari if you are ever in Marsaxlokk, I know we certainly will to going when we are back next year.

Is a privilege to be the first person to review this amazing new restaurant and we wish Isaac, his dad and Tiziana a very deserved success with T'Annamari.

• Visited March 2013