We thought the fabled Xara Palace was worth a visit because of its reputation and had a memorable dinner in the de Mondian restaurant (excellent charolais fillet) but beware - the wine list is not for the faint hearted and very overpriced - so take plenty of spondoolicks with you. Wonderful views as well but very windy - an excellent posting for the WW2 Brits when they were watching the Luftwaffe and I fully expected Biggles to come through the front door!
Slightly disappointed with the decor/ambience which had an air of faded splendour about it and our bedroom was large, almost barn like but very comfortable. Excellent service - but so it should be at this price! Relais and Chateaux books piled up everywhere just in case you hadn't got the message.
Trattoria good value but watch out for smokers when sitting outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux has 17 Rooms and Suites, all vary in size and style. Some of the Suites have Jacuzzis on their private terrace with spectacular views of the island. The Duplex rooms and Suites offer split level accommodation with the lounge area and private facilities on one level and bedroom services on the other level of the Room or Suite. Outdoor pool is available in an alternative location and shuttle service is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Xara Palace Relais And Chateaux
- The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux Hotel Mdina
- The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux Malta/Mdina