“Gruesome”
Review of Mdina Dungeons

Mdina Dungeons
Ranked #6 of 21 things to do in Mdina
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very interesting place to visit, giving you some idea of the history involves int he dungeons. a lot of mannequins showing the torture that was done. Cheap to get in, 4 euro's . Worth a visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very interesting lots of manakins dressed in olden day dress. Lots of blood and injuries . A recording vocal about each scene. A tiny dungeon a prisoner had lived in for many many years. Its a wonder he didn't go mad in such a tiny cell.Lots of history to be seen and lots of heading above so u understand what the prisoners went through.I would say its an good experience and plenty of history to take in . Entrance fee £4 Euros.

1  Thank pollyanna267
Reviewed 23 December 2013

It was cheap to get in (4 euros I think). It must have been a slow day because we had the whole place to ourselves which was brilliant. We really had a great laugh at all the gruesome waxworks. Kids will love it or be terrified.... or both.

2  Thank Happychaptraveller
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a must for those with a taste for the macabre!! And of course for those of us who enjoy history. There are guide boards about the museum which detail the various tortures and history there related. We went round twice and photographed everything. Unfortunately they wouldnt let me take the stocks back for my Boss ! I would nt advise it as suitable for those of a nervous disposition or younger children. No time limit on visit.

1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Reading all the displays within the dungeons were really interesting and taught me a lot about the history of Malta.

The waxworks were really good considering the inexpensive price to get in. Quite life like so may scare younger children.

A word of warning, don't try and go under the barriers to get a silly photo (as I did) as the alarms go off :)

Definitely worth a visit.