“Excellent location and unique stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Mdina - the Medieval city where this property is located.
Entrance into the dining room. The dining room, eventually leading to the kitchen.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Mdina - the Medieval city where this property is located.
Entrance into the dining room.
The dining room, eventually leading to the kitchen.
Dining room with spiral staircase.
The kitchen
The kitchen.
The W.C. and sink.
Shower and sink area.
Separate shower room plus sink.
The living room.
Living room - balcony view.
Living room, leading to the bedroom.
Living room and bedroom - inter-connected balcony.
The bedroom.
Alternate view of the bedroom.
Bedroom - balcony view.
Bedroom - balcony view.
Entrance to the property.
The property.
Villegaignon Street - location of property.
A stunning aerial photo of the Medieval city of Mdina.
Mdina skyline at sunset.
Mdina at sunset
The Main Gate of Mdina, showing the underlying public gardens.
Mdina
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Italian first
Any
Emily B
“Excellent location and unique stay”
Reviewed 13 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This is a unique place to stay. My husband and daughter and myself enjoyed a restful and unique holiday. Staying in the Mdina was fantastic. We would love to do it again. It is close to great food and lots of ice cream! Andres and Joana were also a fantastic and welcoming hosts!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Ann004
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect location and position in Mdina”
Reviewed 31 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I would highly recommend this apartment. Mdina is right at your doorstep as you are inside the walls of the town. The balcony view looking straight onto St John's Cathedral square is a highlight and a special feature of the apartment. Communication with Andrea and Joanna was punctual and professional with great advice for parking. Parking was not a problem and we always found a close park at the Greek Gate. We were ok with the bathroom off the kitchen which means you do have to navigate the spiral staircase if you want to go to the bathroom during the night. The apartment is as described online, with photos mostly accurate, except I would say however there has been more furniture added since the photos were taken which makes the apartment seem tight and a little cluttered. We only used the kitchen to prepare a light breakfast and sometimes a quick lunch as there were many good places to eat both in Mdina and nearby Rabat. The lively noise and comings and goings in the square did not bother us at all during the day as at night it was peaceful with just the charming church bells that did not impact on our sleep.
Thank you so much for your hospitality and the generous welcome basket!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Lyn C
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
“A wonderful stay, kind hospitality and a special location.”
Reviewed 5 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The Mdina apartment could not be better located, in the middle of the city square and close to all that this wonderful town has to offer. Our hosts Joanna and Joseph could not have been more friendly or accommodating. It was nice to spread out in the large lounge and bedroom areas and the apartment had all the facilities you could want. Especially nice were the little touches of fresh fruit, milk, tea etc that Joanna had left for us. Within the city, there are many restaurants and all within a short stroll as well as being central on the island, travelling to all the highlights was quick and easy. A wonderful place from which to view the marvels that were Malta.

j0h2015
Quebec, Canada
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

From the first time I contacted Andrea with questions about the booking, I felt very positive about the apartment. He was really helpful and was able to arrange my transfers from/to the airport.
Upon arrival, I was met by Joanna who was also quite helpful, providing me with lots of information. The apartment is as described online. It is extremely well located, right inside the old city. I felt very fortunate to enjoy such a beautiful place. I loved the view from the upstairs balcony overlooking Piazza San Pawl.
Bus stops are close. Rabat is within walking distance.
I would recommend this apartment without hesitation.
Many thanks to Joanna & Andrea for a pleasant stay in Mdina.

danX6545A...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Central location in the beautiful medieval walled city of Mdina”
Reviewed 24 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Ideal for two persons and in a central location. There is lots to look at in the historic walled city. Plenty of really good places to eat both in Mdina and nearby Rabat. The capital city of Valletta is only 30 mins bus journey away.

The house is an annex of the owners lovely Villa and looks across to the cathedral. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts who made us feel very welcome.

I have already recommended this house to a work collegue!

milk2suga...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house in a equally beautiful location”
Reviewed 21 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I was looking to book somewhere special for my partners birthday and can honestly say I achieved it. Beautiful on the inside and stunning on the outside. The location was second to none directly opposite the cathedral in the main piazza of the quaintest most atmospheric medieval town you could visit.
Coming through the front door you enter a lovely sitting room with sofa and glass dinning table for the nights that we planned on staying in and cooking (that didn't happen too many good restaurants nearby). Next door was the kitchen which was well stocked with essentials on our arrival and well used for breakfast which we either ate on the balcony or in the courtyard garden. The garden was my partners preferred place to eat breakfast as he found it cool and very tranquil. To access the up stairs areas you use the spiral staircase which takes you to small cosy living room and bedroom with balconies looking out onto the most beautiful square .I could have spent all day on the balcony and nights were just as lovely .
My partner has been coming to Malta for 20 years and staying at different hotels in various areas of Malta and in his words " this has to be the best holiday I have ever had and now don't think anywhere else will ever be as good" . looks like we will certainly be returning.
We must make mention of Andrea's mum and dad Joanna and Joseph who were the loveliest couple. We only spoke to Joseph a few times but Joanna was there for anything we needed. Joanne would chat and made you feel more like friends ,very lovely lady .

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing