“Nice Pizza”

and 1 more site!
Point de Vue Guesthouse and Restaurants
Ranked #2 of 3 Rabat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visited Point De Vue and tried out their terrace pizzeria on a warm July evening. Attention from the staff was very good and you are served in a very short time. Their pizzas are very good especially the Funghi and the Maltese. I am glad to have tried it since up to a few years ago, the Point De vue was not featured on my wishlist. I would recommend that you visit this place when you are in Rabat/Mdina area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vince a
There are newer reviews for Point de Vue Guesthouse and Restaurants

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks. I could not have wished for a better accommodation or location. Over the 2 weeks I grew to love the Maltese people and felt very at home here. All the staff welcomed us, nothing was ever to much trouble. A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL STAFF AND GUESTS. This is a family run business and the building is older. The rooms are more then comfortable large and very clean. The breakfasts were amazing - with a very friendly chef. Could not fault any of the meals we had. Location excellent in prime area near the beautiful towns of Mdina and Rabat. Very close to transport, banks and shops. Glad I stayed here. If you want to really get a feel for Malta I suggest you consider staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MJqld
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is an excellent place to stay for location, service, meals and room. Hard to find fault - quiet, clean, and handy to transport. I wanted nothing of the hectic, tourist-crowded atmosphere of Sliema and St Julians, and I got a restful stay. This family-run guest house is huge value for money. The breakfast is great, the staff is wonderfully accommodating and chatty, and an evening meal or two in the funny front enclosed veranda is a lovely surprise. The portions are more than generous, and the flavours genuine. The swordfish in caper sauce was delicious, as was the prosciutto pizza... yum! It's an old, historic building, so don't expect swish modernity, but it's well-maintained and basic, if a bit quaint. Remember it's a guest house not a hotel! But clean and well-run. Wifi works well in rooms and public areas. Solo travelers are welcome, safe, and happy here. So close to Mdina ... it takes less than three minutes to be wandering in this ancient silent traffic-free city (lovely and tourist-free by night). Bus stop to almost everywhere just outside. (Don't walk to the terminus as they suggest, just use the bus stop near the kiosk outside.) Sorry I didn't stay longer - a wonderful base from which to see most of the island. Make this your pied-a-terre!

Room Tip: Ask for back rooms with views over inland Malta. Do ask for a pot of coffee or tea at breakfast - sa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank RDingli
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've only had the opportunity to have a quick coffee and some liquers with friends recently. Have always been sceptic about this place but it certainly has perked up since it changed management. Since my very last visit, a few years ago, it's cleaner and friendlier. The atmosphere is a cosy one, not too cluttered and the rooms are very nice indeed. They are spacious and the modern furniture gives it a cosmopolitan touch to the old building. I shall certainly keep recommending it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank LeMalteser
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I checked into a single room on my last night in Malta. This hotel is across the driveway from the oldest city, Mdina which is a wonderful experience. I wish I could say the same for this hotel. Average room, average service from wait staff, excellent customer service from Management and sub par dining experience at the Thai restaurant attached to the hotel.

Yes, the room is small but it has a WIFI connection and a good TV service as I was able to get US programming in English. The bathroom is very old style and you wouldn't want to be overweight as both the toilet room and the shower/sink rooms are both small closets with sliding doors. Literally a Water Closet.

Since I arrived around lunchtime I decided to eat on the patio at the Point de Vue's on site restaurant. Many people joined me. I was dining solo and pretty much ignored until I spoke up and got someone's attention. Since it was busy, the 3 in staff waiting/bartending, could not have missed my presence as I was seated near other patrons with nothing in front of me. I ordered a Heineken and a menu. Twice asked what I wanted to drink, twice repeated a Heineken. hmmm, but where is that menu? Asking again, it was finally delivered. The prices are very reasonable, the selections varied and interesting. I ordered a Mussels platter with bread. I also asked for a set up as I had no napkins or silverware yet. After a long wait...30 minutes or more actually; the mussels were served after which the set up was finally delivered and not until I was half done, was the bread delivered. Oh, having drank my first beer, requested another where I was asked again...what did I want to drink. Hmmmm. The older waitress had a bad mood on, the younger bartender/waitress was amused at my scenario but something must have been lost in translation. By the way: Malta is an English speaking country but it seems a lost art in Rabat. Finally when the bill arrived it did not have the 10% discount promised to me at check-in if I ate at their restaurants. And the one who handed me the bill was the owner. So of course, asked for that as well. Food - 9; Service - 2.

As far as the Management goes, anything I requested was found and delivered. The adapter for my US plugs, the TV fixed so I could watch..etc. Very nice couple there about a year now.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GastroKitty
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We read on the Internet (ie Tripadvisor) that this guest house is under new management and that the service had been improved. We made reservations via Internet (one night a double room for € 95,- including breakfast).
The location of the guest house is perfect! It is right next to the entrance of the Mdina of Rabat.
However, the interior of the house is rather outdated. We were brought to our room which looked like a vault. A big (new) iron door, small room, very small bathroom with shower and toilet. A small window, so some daylight came in. Technically everything was there (toilet, shower, bed, air conditioning, television) however it was very small and had no charm of whatsoever.
We decided to hit the Mdina and enjoy the surroundings (which is awesome!). We slept rather good. Breakfast was a bit strange, there was no menu or buffet. We just ordered some orange juice, coffee and English breakfast with toast.
Despite the location it wasn't worth the €95,-.

Room Tip: See your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank New-Flying-Dutchman
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stay overnight just outside Mdina's city walls and enjoy the Silent City after the day trippers have gone or before they arrive and when the light is at it's best. And I mean "just outside". This 16 room guesthouse has been in use for over a century and excludes atmosphere. We had originally booked two rooms, but on arrival were offered the amazing family room which is room 3, which suited us far better and has glorious views over about 2/3 of the island. Seriously. Comfortable beds and lots of space (except in the ensuite, which is rather cramped but did the job). And a very nice seating area in the hallway outside. Did I mention the free wifi? With two 14 year olds in tow, that was a godsend and the modem is just outside room 3. The staff were helpful and friendly and the included breakfast was extremely varied and generous. Guests get 20% off food and drink in the restaurant and in the sister oriental restaurant, "Lemongrass" - just remember to mention that you are a guest (I forgot). The hotel organised an airport pick-up for us as well (€20). I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the plain (room 3 has a double bed and two singles).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anya252
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rabat
The Xara Palace Relais & Chateaux
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta
Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel

Been to Point de Vue Guesthouse and Restaurants? Share your experiences!