“Good Location, Poor Execution”

Rocca Nettuno suites
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Convenient location only a few blocks away from the ferry to Valletta. The room was very spacious, with a living room and two couch/beds. It would be an ideal place for a group of friends to stay. The internet never worked the whole time we were there. There is a language school next store with unsecure Wi-Fi that we used. The TV in our room didn't work and the water pressure in the shower was terrible. The pool also has strange hours so we never even saw it. I would also recommend skipping the breakfast at the hotel unless you get it included in your stay. It is a not very good English breakfast. English Breakfast can be found pretty much everywhere for a comparable or cheaper price that is better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wangsondon
There are newer reviews for Rocca Nettuno suites

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights in June 2014 for vacation. The check-in was smooth and the room was really big and clean. I liked the colors and the style of furniture at the hotel.

Free Internet was very good and the breakfast meal was lovely.

The location is not wow however it is few minutes walking to Sliema water front and the bus stops along the shopping area.

Still value for money.

Room Tip: Book in advance so you could get better rate!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mohi_Khater
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is a couple of minutes walk from Sliema seafront. We stayed in the s/c apartments and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms. The bedroom was a great size and the living room was even bigger. Large TV, fridge freezer etc. Aircon worked well.

One grumble was the wifi. It is free, which is good. However, over the course of a one week stay it was down more often than it worked.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James B
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was really rather disappointment in the Rocca Suites. I spent five nights there this week and, based on what the website claims to provide and reviews I had read elsewhere, I was excited for the experience. However, from the moment I arrived at the hotel, the customer service I received was not satisfactory, let alone good.

In particular, the gentleman at the front desk, Charlie, was unhelpful and had a poor attitude. I understand that some things are out of the hotel's control, such as the wifi problem. However, the way in which the staff responded to the problem was disappointing. There was little empathy or apology from any one that I came into contact with. The staff simply shrugged off the problem, seemingly without care.

Further, I had ordered a taxi to the airport on my final morning at Rocca Suites. My simple request was not carried out efficiently, as I did not end up leaving the hotel until 30 minutes after the scheduled time. The taxi had never been ordered, though the hotel denied this. From what I understand, the hotel are gaining commission for this service and, quite frankly, I would have been better ordering my own taxi independently, as the work carried about Rocca Suites was substandard and infuriating.

This said, the suite itself was beautiful, and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job. It's a shame that the others really let them down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank louise c
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at the Rocca Nettuna for two weeks in June. We found the suites to be huge and well appointed including a 40'' flat screen TV and a full height fridge freezer!
The bathroom was also of a good size and sported modern fittings.
The room was cleaned every day and the service even extended to include having our night wear folded for us :)
The dining area was pleasant and the buffet style breakfast was adequate for our needs including both a hot and cold option every day. The dining room staff were very friendly and cheerful.
Charles the manager is in the wrong business!!?
He obviously isn't a people person but was efficient.
The other guys andgirl who manned the reception were great!
Rocca Nettuna is perfectly situated to give easy access to Sliema, St Julian and Valletta, and is right next to a new shopping mall.
We really enjoyed staying at the Rocca Nettuna Suites and will use them again in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room on the fifth floor as the pool is on the roof, one floor up, saves time!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Rocca Nettuno Suites for one night on our arrival in Malta. The staff were very friendly and the rooms clean and very large. There is a fantastic pool on the rooftop and the view is amazing. We would have like to have stayed another night and spend the day visiting Valletta and appreciating the rooftop pool. The only problem was the noise from the road on the main street from around 5am, not ideal if you like sleeping with the windows/door open.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bbbrutus
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was very impressed with the location, Sliema harbour with main restaurants and shops is 5 minute away by walk. Apartments are quite big usually consisting of en suite double bedroom, a big living room with multiple sofas and TV and a dining table. Fridge, Kettle, Toaster etc is also available. WiFi works in all areas of the hotel.
I booked a transfer to the airport with hotel and I was very happy with the correspondence.
Service was very good, staff extremely polite and friendly. Breakfast was pretty adequate nothing special but decent enough.
Decor in the apartment is a bit dated, it bugs some people but I was fine with it. Thats the only thing I can think off, overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple