“disappointed”

Misto
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Misto is a modern bistro cafe concept located in the heart of Sliema! At Misto we focus on using the freshest of ingredients to create exceptionally tasting dishes for our beloved customers. From our simplest baguette to our pasta dishes to our mouth watering grills to our daily changing specialities, each dish at Misto is made with only one thing in mind, our customers satisfaction and our never ending love and passion for genuine good food! We look forward to seeing you soon at Misto, for a coffee, a snack, a light lunch, or even dinner! Misto is now also offering a wide array of freshly made baguettes, bagels and ciabattas on its 'Tavola Calda' display for those clients who are in a hurry. All items are made fresh using only the highest quality ingredients to ensure our clients have a sensational experience with each bite they have..Misto..Good Food..Always Fresh
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've been to Misto a few times but yesterday will be the last. At first the satff was friendly and very accomodating but the food was horrible. My Ribeye was one of the worst I've had in years. It wasn't even cooked to my specifications. To be exact I ordered it medium well and it barely made medium. Bordering on rare !!! Then the staff made it obvious that they wanted us out putting up the music to annoy us. Coincidentally, as soon as we left the table the music was turned down again. That's disrespectful to say the least !!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went there twice and never been dissappointed. Good food, friendly staff, fast service. I will recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have only had lunch and snacks at Misto, but the fact that when in Sliema we often stop here speaks worlds. It is one of several similar establishments on the pavement overlooking the harbour, but the friendly efficient service helps it stand out from the rest.

On our latest visit we just had coffess and the thickest gloopiest best hot chocolate I have had for years. I looked at the display of cakes and pastries, but "the boss" wouldn't let me dive in!

One last point, and it's a daft one, the toilets are excellent. Where loos often let a place down , the ones at Misto are modern, clean, working and a pleasure to visit!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

the food was good and was served by friendly staff who took an interest in the customers. The menu was good and there was a good range of wines

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had just arrived so did not venture far from our hotel for our evening meal.
Most of the restaurants which are lumped together are much the same in menu and prices. We opted to share some local dips which were very nice but the accompanying wine was a bit average for the price. I love rabbit so chose the tagliatelli with rabbit, which had a great flavour but undercooked pasta from a packet. My wife had salmon and asparagus pasta which was OK.
The service was good but it was not busy, and the coffee was very tasty, as somebody else said in an earlier review, the best on Malta.
All in all pleasant basic food at a more than basic price.