“Completly adequate”

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Stockholm, Sweden
“Completly adequate”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is fine, cheep, big clean rooms. The food is good and there is entertainment on every night.

We are staying here over Christmas and New Year and its been a very pleasant stay so far.

The rooftop pool is closed as it winter, but should be quite nice in the summer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mongo_Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My wife and I are going to Malta June of next year and we will be staying again for the 3rd. consecutive time at The Diplomat.
I cannot find anything to be critical about this hotel. It is centrally located in Sliema with buses to Valletta 150 metres away. The staff give excellent service in a very friendly manner. The food prepared by the chefs is some of the best there is in Malta,.

Room Tip: Spa was not used. Have stayed in Seaview room and also Corner Room. Both are large and sunny and are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank NinoXerri
Mullingar
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This has been my third consecutive visit to Malta - my first 2 years I stayed in Bugibba and decides this year on a change of scenery etc. I must say straight away it was my best year yet, for a few reasons.
1. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout my 3 week stay.
2. My room was comfortable and cleaned every day.
3.Meals contained vey wide choices - breakfasts were always hot, for a change - starters were imaginative and varied.
However, as usual, I had a few reservations.
1. Evening main course meals did not have enough carvery for my liking - I missed my steak/beef being carved.
2. I had expected satellite TV with wide selection - English channels were very few, and the quality of picture was not up to standard. Therefore, I watched TV in the lobby and bar - choice here depended on other people present !!!!!!!
3. Entertainment was sparce - some available at evening meal time. Nothing at night later on, and I missed having an adult dance etc. I think hotels could keep each other informed about the choice of entertainment available in their respective establishments.

Sincerely hope this report is received in the same manner, as it is given here.
Overall, the holiday was 'the best yet' !!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Daniel L
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Sliema is one of the best locations for a short stay in Malta. I'm happy I chose the Diplomat for my stay there - it's on the waterfront, near key facilities and offers value for money, reliable service. I like a good hotel breakfast and it's something you get there as well as a good dinner served by friendly staff (Mr. Ian was especially professional). I recommend the place. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tothbela2121
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Reviewed by: A & F, Wiltshire

My husband and I had a most enjoyable holiday in Malta and we are pleased we chose The Diplomat Hotel for our two weeks stay. We were made welcome, staffs were friendly and helpful. The hotel food was to our liking, we had a large bedroom which was comfortable and spotless; as were the other amenities, e.g. restaurant, coffee bar, public rooms and the reception area. The hotel location is excellent: bus stops close by, short walk to main shopping area and a lovely promenade on which to enjoy a leisurely stroll.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AandF-Wiltshire
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was my first visit to Malta and the Diplomat Hotel was a perfect base for exploring, situated just by the sea front and with good access to local public transport to other parts of the island.

I did not use the restaurant for evening meals. However, the breakfast was very good with a wide choice of food.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful especially when I had a minor medical emergency directing me to the nearest medical services and ensuring that I was comfortable upon my return.

My room was of a good size and always kept clean and tidy. Great value for money. I would definitely return when I next go back to Malta.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed April 2013,staff all,are very pleasant,cheerful friendly and helpful.Bedrooms are clean with comfortable beds but rather small,rooms with sea view look out to sea over Tower Road the main street and the wide walkway.Shops and restaurants short walk away.Shame that there is no "lounge"area in the hotel just a small bar sitting area.The rooftop pool is clean with free loungers.Food was good,plentiful with extensive breakfast buffet to suit all tastes.Dinner menu is limited but quite good. Do not hire a car as the wardens are ruthless and appear to target hire cars,distinctive number plates with unpaid fines collected on departure at the airport or you can't leave! Overall good hotel would return>

Room Tip: Upper floor, full sea view,non smoking rooms available.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple