“most uncomfortable 8 hours of my life!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Comino Blue Lagoon Full Day Cruise Tour
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“most uncomfortable 8 hours of my life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

If there was a rating less than terrible I would give it. Unfortunately I was on the same cruise as msa1701 and Cazschlee, and I agree with everything they said. There was only seating indoors for about 10 people, we ended up having to sit outside on hard blue sun lounger cushions for 8 hours. I have NEVER been so cold for such a long period in my entire life, despite wearing a jacket and covering myself with a towel and 2 blue cushions. It was so bad that on a couple of occasions I went and sat on the filthy carpet in the bar praying that I didn't get trodden on or get beer spilt on me. The one saving grace was that the rugby players/stag dos that we encountered were good natured.
One of my friends, who had consumed no alcohol at all, was violently sick twice, as were many others, and God help you if you needed the toilets after about 3 hours as they were disgusting. Bins were full of used sick bags.
The next day I went to a different rep than msa1701 in the Blue Sea San Anton, who called the company. We were told that we had been 'upgraded' from the 25 euro tour we had booked to a 60 euro one on a 'luxury' boat. I explained that the 'luxury' boat had less seating, told her of the other problems and also found out that hardly any boat trips from other companies had set off as it was so rough!!! I was told I had to see the other rep who I had booked through, and if you read msa1707's review you can see what a fiasco that was.
Recommend only to masochists and anyone training for extreme survival.

4 Thank liannalondon

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Urine ballasted boat trip to hell and back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had booked this trip through our hotel rep and the trip was simply awful!

On the 4th May 2014 (Star Wars Day) we arrived at the harbour and we went aboard Fantasia 2 of Captain Morgan Cruises - we had booked using the rep at our hotel - the Blue Sea San Antonio hotel in Buggiba and we recommend that you never book anything from her again and I will explain why shortly.

We had booked a trip to have lunch aboard with trips out to Gozo, the Blue Lagoon and Comino. As the weather was not the best the captain (if he actually was one) told my party that we would at least if we could not land on Gozo shelter in some nice bays.

What we got was horrendous weather and other passengers that consisted of one stag party all dressed up as Robin Hood & his merry men and a local rugby club tour from the Gatwick area.

We never landed on Gozo, saw Comino nor the Blue Lagoon - all we had was a boat load of drunken morons getting more and more hammered as the day went on. We had nowhere to sit on board as the drunks were everywhere and we spent the whole day stuck on the foredeck of the boat as it ploughed through the waves getting soaked and trying to stay warm.

The worse part was that the two toilets that were below decks were overflowing with urine which was swilling around from side to side on the toilet floors and that is totally unacceptable and the boats crew seemed to ignore the matter.

We did actually get as far as the coast of Gozo where the captain anchored next to some rock face that he said resembled an elephants head - not that we could recognise it..... and we sat there at anchor pointlessly for 3 hours and then plodded back all the was to Silima.

Eight hours of our lives that we will never get back.

We took it up with the tour rep back at the San Antonio hotel who denied that she had any responsibility and that it was all down to the Captain Morgan Cruises - who can change their itinerary if needs be.

After much shouting from this woman and with us trying to explain to her that she took our money and issued us with paperwork from her company for the cruise then we have a contract with her - eventually my wife went on this website when after five pathetic phone calls to the cruise company who refused to offer a refund and gave us a barrel of lies, she pulled up a TripAdvisor review for someone else who had been on the boat the same day as us and all our complaints were duplicated.

One more telephone call to God knows who and she issued a full refund.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank msa1701
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to see Valletta's harbours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Decided the best way to see Valetta's harbours was by boat and we chose Captain Morgan as we'd seen their boat going past our hotel each day. It cost 16euros for a 90 minute cruise round the harbours which turned out to be excellent value for money in our opinion. The pace of the cruise was just right and the commentary gave just the right amount of information although hearing it in four languages got a bit tiresome after a while. We sat up top at the front and the commentary was very clear. The boat was full but not crowded and the seating although basic (plastic seats) was fine and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. We didn't try the refreshments for sale on board. The one toilet was adequate and reasonably clean. We saw everything we wanted and expected to see in the harbours and very much enjoyed it. The 'crew appreciation' tip request at the end as always still irritates but you don't have to give if you don't want to.

1 Thank David C
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Extremely disappointment - prisoners for 8 hours with 70 drunk men.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were extremely disappointed and annoyed during our trip to comino (blue lagoon), so much so that we officially complained and asked for a refund.

After boarding, approximately 70 drunk rugby players in fancy dress boarded and proceeded to drink an unlimited supply of beer from 10:30... Getting drunker and more rowdy all day.

We had definitely not signed up for a booze cruise but there was one going on. At no point were we told this information before hand. If we'd know, we would have gone elsewhere.

Also it was windy and we did not see the blue lagoon as promised or get off the boat at all. We were prisoners for 8 hours with 70 drunk men in speedos. Waste of a whole day and money.

To be fair, the staff were nice; the boat was clean and spacious; and the lunch was ok.

Organizers must not mix booze cruises with normal cruises and inform customers before purchase if the itinerary can not be fulfilled.

Do not recommend.

5 Thank Cazschlee
Cagliari
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“cheap but not recommended, try something else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

the only positive point is that it is cheap (30/35 per person to go from malta to gozo and comino, including a bus trip through Gozo)
Main problem is DELAY!

Here the details:
we reserved the day before and they told us to go at 9 30 because the would have left a 10...we did...however they left one hour late because they waited until the boat was full.....

for this reason the bus trip to Gozo was really short and the stops in the interest points were very very short (like 10 minutes on the inland sea)...the lunch stop was only one hour since they need to catch up so you could choose to see victoria or have lunch...
after that we waited the bus for half hour (yes, also the bus was late so in total 90 minutes waiting instead of enjoying the trip)

the boat that brought us back was fine with a nicer captain but was much slower that the first one (it took one hour more that the outward voyage)

also wireless didn't work (I do not care but they should not advertise everywhere a service they do not give)

Visited April 2014