“Harbour cruises” 3 of 5 bubbles

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Harbour cruises”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although we had done these cruises many years ago, went on the two harbour cruise which was complimentary with our hotel package. We were very glad we did as it was lovely seeing the fortifications from a different angle to that which is seen from the road. We also went on a firework cruise but thought that the amount of people on the boat was far too many and with only a few seats inside far from ideal as we were on the boat for five hours and for those on the top and outside it was a cold five hours

1 Thank Teresa H

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked the besto of Gozo and Comino cruise. The crew was friendly and efficient, there was no personal touch. The bus driver on Gozo pointed out things but there was no real commentary. It was a really enjoyable day, however.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I bought the Captain Morgan cruise , lasting a day, full , this tour goes through joy and Comino .
There are 60 euros per person with food and beverages included .
Marked on the door of our hotel at 9:30 hr , arrived at 9:45 hr .
After we entered the van , we still had to wait another 15 min for guests who were late . Already with the van on the way, one of the late breakfasts , saw that he had forgotten his boarding ticket .
Down the van , which was circling the waiting . He returned and finally the 10hr take the path of Sliema where exit the boat .
The boat left at 10:30 hr to start the tour . We passed the first island Gozo , where some of the people landed , we just stayed inside the boat . The boat followed us , to see some caves (by far ) , where he stopped for an hour or so for lunch . The lunch is a plate style bandeijão where they serve their food and only . The all inclusive food and drinks there , including beer, but for 4 x I could not ask for and when . (Not all inclusive drinks but with power 30 euros and 60 euros ALL included ) .
After this stop for lunch , followed , thinking that finally I would go to Comino , the blue lagoon , best part of the tour and most anticipated .
I spotted her from afar and I was encouraged , but the boat sailed to the island of enjoyment again to find that there had left .
It was already 14:40 hr , the tour ended 17:30 hr . Rose people who had come down earlier and some more .... filled the boat.
Anyway , follow the Comino , BLUE LAGOON , to get the boat warned that there would be only one hour. Since the time of sale the tour said they would be 1:30 hr .
OK. Descended all , I was counting the time , and saw qdo , the boat was leaving early, with 40 min stop and just leaving us behind .
We try to flag yet, but there was not time . We dropped on an island where there is nothing !
I went in despair and started crying because I do not speak English and did not know dalli out or ask help. My husband could ask another boat could bring us back .
This other boat charged 10 euros to bring us , although at another stopping point , where we had not caught it was Sliema .
Still we ran into was our last alternative. It was the last boat!
We arrived at this point where the boat left us , we had to leave wondering where he had a bus that would leave us close to our hotel and after another 30 min walk bus finally arrived where we were staying which was the Intercontinental Malta .
So know that we were close this tour , only buy lunch without drinks, which are very cheap and does not justify double the amount charged . And very carefully, in almost stayed on a deserted island, which receives so people visiting !
And if we had no money to return ? (Which could happen because we had already paid all ride food and drinks) and I was alone , and do not speak English ? ? ?
It was very irresponsible ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

8 Thank tati l
Oxfordshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you like playing sardines, Youll love these curises”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've just come back rom Malta. My partner booked us both on a 5 hour tour of the bays on Capt Morgans cruise ship the Hera II. We arrived early (9:30 for 10:00 start) managed to grab, what at the time was a comfortable seat and looked forward to getting under way.

We waited and waited. didn't leave at 10 as promised, then I realised why. They never leave with a full ship. More and more people were being crammed on board. (think of dancing in a disco on a crowded dance floor!) I think they wait until they are at Max+ capacity. Maybe it was it was because it was a weekend? maybe the weekday cruises are better, who knows, but I doubt it.

What I thought might have been an entertaining few hours was rapidly starting to look like a voyage from hell! Just an organised booze cruise for wrinklies and younger (mostly arrogant Italians).

By 10 30, waiting around and realising if we decided to stay,we would have to put up with all these people crammed in on a boat I think was meant for half the number of people. who were going to get more and more drunk on the provided cheap booze, we decided not to put up with it and jumped ship. BEFORE it put out to sea. Much to the man with the counters surprise (I hesitate to call him the capt).

I know your meant to comment on the cruise, I cannot. But if what we experienced in harbour was anything like what it was like on the open water, then for both your own sanity and safety don't book with these awful pirates. Id hate to think what would happen if the boat ran into trouble, No safety drill, no life jackets, and no where to go if its a hot sunny day. so expect severe heat stroke.

We were luckily able to get a refund !!
Word of warning!! If your rep who sold you the ticket isn't around expect a long wait. They don't give out refunds as a company, Just from the person who sold you. the tickets.

We spent it somewhere nicer and more relaxed and enjoyed out day, without any of the problems (the Radison Blu Pool in St Juliens was much nicer).

I'm pleased it wasn't just us who have had such a bad experience. Read all the other comments. I'm sure if the company really cared about its clients and reputation (it has one?) it would do something about it. But all they want is your money, there are numerous booths along Selima port trying to sell you these deals(?). I think they all operate on a commission basis. The more tickets they sell the more money they make. We meet a few Brits selling the tickets. someone needs to get a grip on the way they operate.

If they had a main office and you booked from there, then maybe the over crowding would be managed better, but like I said all they want is your money not your comfort.
Simple word of advice? DONT DO IT.. Your comfort and enjoyment is more important than 8 hours on a boat filled up with booze soaked passengers and an overflowing toilet.

4 Thank TravellerOxfordshire
County Donegal, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lunch and a harbour tour - well worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were on the Europa II boat as part of a full day trip booked through our holiday rep. We paid 25 euro each for the Sunday Special trip, so had the Market trip first (cut 20 mins short by some people on the trip being late for their collection time, and late again at the end of the market time), then the harbour tour, followed by horse racing in Sliema. We were so tired after the harbour tour, we didn't go as far as the horse racing. But the harbour tour itself was brilliant. The food served as we entered the boat for lunch was basic but very tasty. There was even a glass (plastic cup!) of wine included. I had lovely chicken in white wine sauce, salad, ham, bread and chocolate cake after. The tour guide Peter gave his tour in both English and German, and some of the English tourists were heckling him every time he spoke German which I thought was so rude! I'm surprised he carried on after being treated like that. The views were fantastic and the water was lovely and calm so it was a very gentle cruise.