“Absolute pants I felt like jumping overboard”

Captain Morgan Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
US$37.74*
and up
Comino Blue Lagoon Full Day Cruise Tour
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Took the cruise to Comino, blue lagoon. When I booked it they stated it goes straight there and you get all day at the lagoon, they lied they went the long way with a million and one people on the boat and it took all day to get there, we had about an hour and a half at the lagoon. The boat was full of American teenage maritime students who were absolutely smashed when they boarded at about 9.30 am, shouting, screaming and swearing for the full time. I was with my wife and my two young daughters so I was not that impressed. The worst offenders did chill out a little though when I threatened to throw them overboard. None of the crew said a word I felt like unpaid security. Just goes to show the only good Captain Morgan is the one that comes in a bottle! Do not use them they are dump! Oh I forgot to mention that the toilets flooded and I was up to my ankles in urine and excrement, nice!

9  Thank Juliandalehutchinson
Write a ReviewReviews (2,312)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"ships"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice biggish boat so that it didn't rock too much. The 90 minute trip went around many of the harbours and inlets in the Sliema / Valletta area. There was fairly continuous nformative commentary in English, French and German. The toilets were spotless, and there was a bar if refreshments were needed Good value for the price.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The boat left 30 mins late with no explanation, and consequently we had little time for the stops on Gozo. Just 15 minutes at the azure window, 5 minutes at the basilica (and we were told to 'hurry up'!!) and then the final straw - 10 minutes to 'see' the capital of Gozo, Victoria. Ridiculous. This wasn't enough time to order and eat lunch, let alone do any sightseeing, so many people did not get any lunch. The trip was rushed, we were not given any commentary or information as we were driven around, and it did not feel as though the company cared about the experience of the passengers.

To top it all off, around 16 people were left on the quay at comino after stopping to swim at the blue lagoon, as they were 1/2 mins late for the boat - after the cruise had been 30 mins late leaving Sliema!! I still have no idea how they got home, as I could not see any ferries from Comino to Gozo.

Terrible day, avoid at all coats!!!

6  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went on the Fernandes2 with a girlfriend. Had a great time on the boat - drinks were 2 euros each so I'm glad we didn't bother paying for the all inclusive option.
Would have liked to stop at Blue Lagoon for longer as it was amazing, but pretty happy with the trip and the boat.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although we had done these cruises many years ago, went on the two harbour cruise which was complimentary with our hotel package. We were very glad we did as it was lovely seeing the fortifications from a different angle to that which is seen from the road. We also went on a firework cruise but thought that the amount of people on the boat was far too many and with only a few seats inside far from ideal as we were on the boat for five hours and for those on the top and outside it was a cold five hours

1  Thank Teresa H