“Stay during diving holiday”

Granny's Inn Hostel
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here for a week in december 2009 (not 2010) to follow diving courses. The rooms are clean and the hostesses are very friendly and helpfull. Whenever you have problems, they are there for you. Furthermore, also the location is very good... close to the beach and to the busstation from where the tours leave! To summarize, I was very satisfied about my stay and I would recommend this for anyone who is searching for a cheap and good stayover in Malta!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank wilbert v

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I took a group of 20 Japanese university students here in November 2011. We had a few changes to the booking before leaving; the email replies were always prompt, efficient and polite. The dorms were basic, but clean and comfortable, and at 12 Euros for the dorms and 15 Euros for my Single, this was excellent value. The staff organised our airport transfers, and we booked a one-day tour of Gozo through them. All were problem-free, reasonably priced, and enjoyable. Breakfast is pleasant, Wifi is free, and Paulette took care of all of our laundry needs. If there are any small problems the staff deal with it straight away and try their best to help. The location is in a quiet street opposite a school, and great for St. Julian's and the ferries to Valletta. If I were taking a group of students to Malta again, I would definitely use this hostel. Price, location, comfort and friendly and efficient staff are undoubtedly the best in Malta. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank tpdv21
Reviewed 9 November 2011

i had a lovely 1 week at this hostel, it is in a quiet street, yet mins to the seafront and all the amenities. The family are very nice, friendly, helpful and full of good humour. Good breakfast also included, plenty hot water in shower, nice bright rooms. I was in the dormitory with plenty of room in it, having only 2 bunkbeds. I would come back again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank timelesstime
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I visited Malta last summer with 2 friends. Upon booking, we were told that the hostel was full for the first 2 nights but they were so kind to keep us in this house 2 doors away. it was nothing special but was good enough. We were told that they use it only in summer when the hostel is fully booked. For the rest of our stay we were in the actual hostel of Granny's Inn which was very nice. The owners are extremely helpful and they keep the place very clean. They booked all our tours and taxis which made our visit so easy flowing! I will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank clairebear240
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The hostel was clean, great breakfast and excellent service and location. Would definitely recommend this to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Morr12345
Reviewed 20 October 2011

In all my travels, I have never come across a better hostel run by nicer people! Thank you Vincent, Marsette and especially Paulette for making my Malta vacation an extra special memory. Their attention to detail was outstanding. Paulette even fixed a booking problem I had for a one day excursion to Sicily - and graciously extended my stay one night so I could go.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Russ_Riddell
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We started our long holiday in this hostel. Lucky that we got our own room in the new site a few doors down the street. The bathroom was on upper floor but clean and spacious. Not the nicest place but good enough for us and owners were helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Bobui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel
Two Pillows Boutique Hostel
Inhawi Hostel
Inhawi Hostel
#6 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Granny's Inn Hostel? Share your experiences!