“Ok hostal overall”

Granny's Inn Hostel
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hostal was ok clean however over simple. Our room was in the other building with a window, a bed and a fan. Breakfast was just cereal and coffee. Self served style. The keepers are somewhat helpful but can do better. Ok for the value.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Bobui

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I've been staying at Granny's Inn for three times now, in total for about a month.
All staff is very kind, helpful and ready to talk and advice you on your trip.
The rooms and shared bathrooms are basic, but that's why we choose a hostel instead of a fancy hotel, right? The whole place is perfectly clean. Price/quality is a perfect deal. There are computers and wifi at your disposal, and you can meet the other guests in a common room with tv, on the terrace or in the kitchen during breakfast.
The location is great: easy to get to public transport, close to Valletta, close to the waterside for a nice walk or good meal, close to diving centres (in case you are interested too :-) ). I don't know what more I would need.
No need to tell I would stay again if I was in Malta for a fourth visit...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Mario C
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We almost don't want to tell you about how good Granny's Inn is because it will become even more popular and we might not get back in there next year! We took 8 sixth form students on and educational trip and stayed for 10 days in August 2011. The dormitories were clean and comfortable, near to the beach and the beautiful coastline of Sliema but on a quiet street so it was easy to sleep and of excellent value. Mariette and Vincent our hosts were always helpful, pleasant and friendly. We couldn't have been better served. Thank you for great accommodation that really helped make our trip to Malta the best.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here for a week in december 2009 (not 2010) to follow diving courses. The rooms are clean and the hostesses are very friendly and helpfull. Whenever you have problems, they are there for you. Furthermore, also the location is very good... close to the beach and to the busstation from where the tours leave! To summarize, I was very satisfied about my stay and I would recommend this for anyone who is searching for a cheap and good stayover in Malta!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank wilbert v
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I took a group of 20 Japanese university students here in November 2011. We had a few changes to the booking before leaving; the email replies were always prompt, efficient and polite. The dorms were basic, but clean and comfortable, and at 12 Euros for the dorms and 15 Euros for my Single, this was excellent value. The staff organised our airport transfers, and we booked a one-day tour of Gozo through them. All were problem-free, reasonably priced, and enjoyable. Breakfast is pleasant, Wifi is free, and Paulette took care of all of our laundry needs. If there are any small problems the staff deal with it straight away and try their best to help. The location is in a quiet street opposite a school, and great for St. Julian's and the ferries to Valletta. If I were taking a group of students to Malta again, I would definitely use this hostel. Price, location, comfort and friendly and efficient staff are undoubtedly the best in Malta. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank tpdv21
Reviewed 9 November 2011

i had a lovely 1 week at this hostel, it is in a quiet street, yet mins to the seafront and all the amenities. The family are very nice, friendly, helpful and full of good humour. Good breakfast also included, plenty hot water in shower, nice bright rooms. I was in the dormitory with plenty of room in it, having only 2 bunkbeds. I would come back again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank timelesstime
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I visited Malta last summer with 2 friends. Upon booking, we were told that the hostel was full for the first 2 nights but they were so kind to keep us in this house 2 doors away. it was nothing special but was good enough. We were told that they use it only in summer when the hostel is fully booked. For the rest of our stay we were in the actual hostel of Granny's Inn which was very nice. The owners are extremely helpful and they keep the place very clean. They booked all our tours and taxis which made our visit so easy flowing! I will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends