“"Where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came"”
Review of Ramblers Rest Pub

Ramblers Rest Pub
Ranked #10 of 16 Nightlife in Sliema
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Not sure if the previous account is accurate but I wish to add my own "Two cents". I'm not surprised the band frequently visited the toilet as they are paid for their services in beer. They are pretty much a great bunch of guys who will play any tune you request. As for the bar, (Please hum the theme tune to "Cheers" while reading further) The beer is the best I've tasted in Malta..Fact. The staff, without exception, are amazing.Even Damian the gay guy is cool. I've conversed with the affable Lloyd regarding such diverse issues as quantum physics to 80's childrens TV. I've never had so much fun in a pub before and I've been to alot of pubs! The signature drink is called the blindness and it does exactly what it says on the tin. It makes you blind...

Fred "The General" holds court here nightly and usually promotes a healthy amount of insanity within the boundries of the law. Clientele ranges from holiday makers , gaming staff, internet geeks (Poker players) and promiscuous yet hospitable young ladies. The thing is...I just don't wanna tell anyone about this place.

"Where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came"

3  Thank BaronCotter

Reviewed 7 February 2012

what an amazing feeling... was walking near my hotel, when i saw this pub... was the only full pub in Sliema Monday night! great locals and great PINT! the best Pint in the island for sure... will be back every day for the rest of my holiday.. felt like home.. dart board... 3 flat screen TV's ... sky sports UK... everything that you need is there!

7  Thank John B
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Nice little pub, cheap pints (or Cans), nice staff and perfect place to stop and have a few if your heading in to St. Julians for a night out.

6  Thank CanuckinDub
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This bar is slightly off the main street of Sliema (Tower Road) - but once you find it, you'll never want to leave!! The staff (Dermot and Corinna) were lovely, accomodating, friendly, and most importantly, never let your drink run dry!! They even ordered in extra bottles of what I was drinking to keep me amused. The clientele varies from the barflies to stragglers on their way out to Paceville and those in the local hotels who stumble upon it. Such is the atmosphere that you get to know everyone there and they greet you with a friendly smile regardless of which of the above categories you fall under. The Irish theme just gives it a warm edge and attracts the lovely Irish folk around Sliema! I would definitely go back here and would recommend it to anyone who finds themself on Malta, even if it's just for an afternoon drink!

4  Thank Rootothaj
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 February 2010

this is my 5th holiday to malta and the ramblers rest is one of the reasons why my husband and i keep going back.we have spent many nights in the ramblers ,and have never had so much fun. the owners are so friendly as are the locals.as for the previous review ,i think gailee was in the wrong pub,yes it is small but that is part of the charm and no you dont have to que lol. my husband and i are going back end of march. when i return i will write another review but it will just be the same as this .....the ramblers rest is great and ty to corinna and dermot for making our holidays memorable and you cant please everyone lol

3  Thank maureenTyne_Wear