“Very dissapointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Ulm, Germany
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We were walking about in Sliema looking for someplace to eat. China Village / Bombay Palace had a special on for lunch and we decided to try it out.
The table we were seated at were dirty. The cutlery was dirty. The food was dished up in metal plates that you might find in the army. The samoosas was tasty, the chicken curry was awful. The chicken pieces were hard. Will not go again.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Carla J

Moscow, Russia
“Worst Chinese food ever!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I always thought that Chinese and Indian cuisines are the best choices in restaurant selection. Whenever I ate any dish from these cuisines, even chosen blindfolded, they always tasted good. Until the day I've found Bombay Palace! My wife was sick at hotel room so I decided to take a take-away. Bombay Palace was not far away, and they served my favorite cuisines. Now I understand what was wrong from the very beginning: the place was empty and all dishes had strange names (not from Chinese/Indian cuisine I know). I ordered some simple dishes and rice. Monstrosity started! I waited for almost an hour! During that time I haven't seen any customers (now I know why) came in. After an hour waiter brought me my order.
At hotel room I unwrapped two boxes and... The smell! That was plain awful! My dish consisted of extra-old boiled chicken floating in some sweet mango jelly. Disgusting. Soup (most famous Peking soup) was VERY sweet. Like they poured several table spoons of plain sugar into it. Wife's dishes were very much like it.
At all cost - stay away from this place!
PS. I asked politely to place a set of fork and knife in take-away boxes. Only in hotel room I've discovered that they hadn't place any...

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Roman A
Il- Gzira, null, Malta
“Bombay Place/China Village”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I had never heard of this restaurant before and in all honesty it was a spontaneous visit. We were walking along the sliema front debating over Chinese and Indian when we spotted this quaint restaurant. We were greeted by a young waiter who escorted us to a table. My father ordered a glass of wine, sweet and sour shrimp and spring rolls. My mother ordered chicken and sweetcorn soup and sweet and sour chicken while I ordered chicken pakora, chicken biriyani and a naan bread. We also had 4 soft drinks and a bottle of water. While it was a little incomprehensible for the waiter to take our order the staff were still pleasant. The food was good and the price was reasonable. While I admit I have had better service and better tasting food I was still pleased with my experience at this restaurant. Definitely a go to place if I feel like a very casual dining experience.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Sam P
“Verry rubbish”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Restaurant owner mr jia all noor nadeem khan khuram his nephew they are verry strainger. They cheat them employis not paying full selery they r cheting people they serve food not gud nt fresh. Dirty from 5 day old food chikn meat . 3rd quality food . I have experience i use to work ther he havt pay my full selery cheting with people.

10 Thank Sinior
Dublin, Ireland
“Don't go - even if you are craving a curry”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I have actually just left the restaurant and am fuming!
Initially the restaurant seemed nice enough and we took our seats. We checked out the menu and ordered - the naan bread I wanted they did not have and he gave me a choice of plain or garlic - so I chose garlic.
About half an hour later 1 breakfast bowl of curry was brought out with my husbands rice, 2 minutes later another breakfast bowl with my curry. I then sat there waiting 5 minutes for my naan bread. When it arrived I took a sniff and a bite, not only was it the wrong naan, but it was burnt to a crisp. I told him it was the wrong naan and sliently he took it away - no apology no 'i'll get you the one you ordered' - I sat there for another 5 minutes, I began eating the curry - I was brought out a very poor substitute for a garlic naan. Their own menu say, "light and fluffy bread with garlic" - this was burnt on the outside and cold in the middle.I took 1 bite.
I just decided to eat my curry and leave.
We got the bill and I told them I would not pay for it - I was pretty angry and even worked out the revised bill for him - he did accept this - but still short changed me. I admit at this point being still rather hungry - I lost it slightly and demanded my correct change as I refused to pay them a penny more than I should.
I sought comfort in ice-cream back at the hotel, but i'm still starving!

• Visited August 2011