“Still terrible”

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still terrible”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Overpriced, awful food, warm drinks with no ice. Had to ask for ice and was eventually brought a glass with 2 cubes of ice each for our warm drinks. Now we were quite late and very hungry arriving at the restaurant and had just missed the 'all you can eat buffet' so we didn't mind choosing from the menu. The waiters were nice and didn't mind our late hour. I chose satay chicken. They brought me 3 skewers with a miniscule amount of chicken on each and the sauce was dried up. I should have sent it back but as it was so late I tried to eat it. It was so hard I nearly broke my teeth on it. I think we got the leftovers from the buffet. When we got the bill we nearly choked on that too! A glass of warm coke was €3.50. Drinks or their price were not shown on the menu.

1 Thank Sands61

malta
“cockroaches everywhere”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This has to be the worst restaurant on the planet. The place is very very very dirty cockroaches are visibly seen walking on the walls.
Food is horribile if you can call it food.
Service is slow the waiters they dont know what is service.
but the worst is the cleaning in the restaurant first think in the morning I will report this restaurant to the authorities and I told the owner manager that I am going to report them. You cannot leave such restaurant operating.

3 Thank sunshinerMalta
Qormi, Malta
“Lovely evening ruined by bad management!!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Food was good and service was provided efficiently with a smile nearly till the end. Then suddenly, during the last 5 minutes an extremely rude manager intervened. He rushed us to finish our dinner because they had people waiting outside to be seated. One would think that when you are booked for dinner, you are booked for the whole evening. However, this did not seem to be in the management's plans as the manager so rudely pointed out. We were booked for 7pm and they expected us to leave an hour and a half later. In fact, we had realised that they had booked someone else for our table for around 9pm. At 8.45 a very rude harassed manager told us to leave and kept insisting on it. We told him that we had a right to be there as we were booked there. He rudely answered "yes but you are not booked for the whole evening". When I replied how rude it was to hurry people up to leave, he tried to justify himself. However, he brought us the bill immediately anyway. Considering that a few minutes before, a waitress was proudly telling us that they were opening new branches in Bugibba and Smart City, you would think the management would know better than to book the same table to multiple people in the same evening.
It had been a very lovely evening. The food was good and the staff was very friendly and in fact we were saying that we intended to go again, this time with friends, HOWEVER we really never expected this rudeness and greediness from someone who was obviously trying to squash as many clients as possible on one table in such a short period of time. One would expect more professionalism. It also reflects negatively on the Bayview Hotel, which it forms part of.

Also, the bathrooms are not located in the restaurant itself and one has to go outside and into the hotel proper in order to find them. The same applied when paying the bill by credit card, I was lead to the reception of the hotel in order to process the payment..

Needless to say, we will never set foot in there again and will not recommend it to anyone.

4 Thank Sacrilegious1
Ulm, Germany
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We were walking about in Sliema looking for someplace to eat. China Village / Bombay Palace had a special on for lunch and we decided to try it out.
The table we were seated at were dirty. The cutlery was dirty. The food was dished up in metal plates that you might find in the army. The samoosas was tasty, the chicken curry was awful. The chicken pieces were hard. Will not go again.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Carla J
Moscow, Russia
“Worst Chinese food ever!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I always thought that Chinese and Indian cuisines are the best choices in restaurant selection. Whenever I ate any dish from these cuisines, even chosen blindfolded, they always tasted good. Until the day I've found Bombay Palace! My wife was sick at hotel room so I decided to take a take-away. Bombay Palace was not far away, and they served my favorite cuisines. Now I understand what was wrong from the very beginning: the place was empty and all dishes had strange names (not from Chinese/Indian cuisine I know). I ordered some simple dishes and rice. Monstrosity started! I waited for almost an hour! During that time I haven't seen any customers (now I know why) came in. After an hour waiter brought me my order.
At hotel room I unwrapped two boxes and... The smell! That was plain awful! My dish consisted of extra-old boiled chicken floating in some sweet mango jelly. Disgusting. Soup (most famous Peking soup) was VERY sweet. Like they poured several table spoons of plain sugar into it. Wife's dishes were very much like it.
At all cost - stay away from this place!
PS. I asked politely to place a set of fork and knife in take-away boxes. Only in hotel room I've discovered that they hadn't place any...

• Visited September 2012