“Don't waste your time.....”
Review of L'aroma

L'aroma
Ranked #38 of 190 Restaurants in Sliema
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't waste your time.....”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a joke.......I would not recommend this place unless you have time to waste!! 3 people in the restaurant 4 with me. I get there ask the guy if i just sit and just nods a yes to me as he was way too busy talking on the phone. No waiter came over to give me a menu so had to search for one myself!! 15 mins later the guy that was on the phone comes out takes my order -marinara pasta & 1 coke!!! Few mins go by & my coke arrives, no ice!! Not a huge order one would think......I think they went to Marsaxlok fishing village to catch the fish themselves OMG 45 mins later my dish arrives. Now when I read the menu it stated Marinara - mussels, shrimps, vongole, calamari, octopus, fresh tomatoes and herbs and i took a photo to confirm I didn't get it wrong. All I got were mussels & vongole... No shrimp, no octopus & certainly no calamari!!! As for flavour there was none. Wasn't asked if i would like parmesan or anything else for that matter. By this stage I was famished & had only had breakfast for the day as I had a big day of touring, so I ate it. Now, I am an Italian & one off rules is never have pasta when I go out as I can have this anytime, that's where I went wrong. Nevertheless, definitely would not recommend this restaurant & will definitely not be returning for these reasons
1. No service

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Maltese food at its best quality, authenticity and quantity!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We ate at this restraunt approx 5 times during our 2 week stay in sliema. What can i say?! It left us wanting to go back for more. The food quality was excellent, always fresh and flavoursome with authentic maltese food as good as your nanna would cook. Among the dishes we tried were the stewed octopus, seared swordfish, grilled chicken, maltese soup and their magnificent salad bar. Each main meal was so generous with hearty potatoes or chips plus a variety of choice for salads. The prices were fantastic when you consider the amount and quality of the food. Being italian background from Australia I think its a real credit to the owner and chef when i say the food here was better than ive had anywhere in Italy or Europe. Even better that a lot of restaurants in oz. If you want a great main meal, want to try some local maltese dishes or are a traveller dying for some salads and veg come here. You wont regret it! You'll want to keep going back and will be sad to leave!

• Visited July 2014
London
“L'aroma (New branch in Mellieha), amazing food”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stumbled upon L'aroma in Ghadira Bay, after a day at the beach. We didn't really expect much because we had done no research whatsoever. Firstly, the layout and decor of the restaurant was sophisticated and clean, with views over looking the sea. Secondly, the staff was attentive and helpful, even bringing us the fresh seafood to see before we ordered. The food was great, by far the best meal I had in Malta, with the seafood fresh and the portions large and well presented. Furthermore, the prices were reasonable, some would say cheap, for the quality of the food we were getting. To top it all off, the alcoholic beverages were well mixed and tasted great, and the dessert was divine.

All in all, I very much recommend L'aroma. Especially the branch in Mellieha Bay.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Y A
Msida, Malta
“Good..”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I visited last May with family members, i expected better from this restaurant ,i was recommended to this restaurant by word of mouth but i can't recommend it to others when its not better than other restaurants in the same area, me and 2 others ordered the rabbit, the waiter saw that we were 3 people so he recommended a rabbit and a half.. when the portion did arrive after about 45 minutes of wait the rabbit smelt and tasted very good,but i don't feel it was enough for 3 people, the fries were absolutely disgusting,it was like they were fried 3 times with the way they looked,felt and tasted.. for such bad fries and such a small rabbit it was not value for money,when you visit a restaurant you look for something you can't make at home,i could have easily made that at home and made it better i think.. otherwise the waiter was a very nice guy and it was overall a fair experience.

• Visited May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great portions”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice. Once at lunchtime then later in the week for dinner. We were not disappointed. Portions were so large that we could not finish lunch of pizza n pasta. It was very tasty and well presented. For dinner my husband had a fillet steak which he said was fab. I had chicken and Parma ham with Parmesan n cream sauce. There is a salad bar to help yourself. You will not go hungry here.

Visited June 2014