“False information - anything for a sale!!”
Review of Malta Sightseeing

Malta: The Three Cities and Wine Tasting Tour
US$30.01*
Valletta, Mosta and Mdina Night Tour
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I would not recommend this company at all!! Make sure to use City Sightseeing Malta instead. We asked the driver if the ticket covered us for the North and the South tour, and he said yes. We wanted to see the whole island on our last day so decided to squeeze in the North and South route in one day. We only got off the bus in 2 places during the South tour - so that we did not waste too much time. Therefore we were on 3 different buses - and the route guidance/ headphones did not work on any of them! Then when we went to switch over to the North tour, the driver said no, you have to pay another €17 each. I told him that the other driver told us it was €17 for both but he refused, he said we would have to go back to our driver and clarify this. I asked him how I was supposed to do this on our last day?? He did not care at all, just sent us on our way! Such bad manners. Once they got their money they did not care about you after! To do both the North and South tours with Malta Sightseeing, it would cost €34 per person. Yet with City Sightseeing Malta it would cost just €15 for both - if their driver had not of lied to us to get our money, then we would have went on the other one! THANK YOU MALTA SIGHTSEEING FOR RUINING OUR LAST DAY!!!!

2  Thank lipsy1984

Reviewed 27 October 2013

As several other people mentioned, there are two companies providing the same service. Maltasightseeing (locally owned) and CitysightseeingMalta (international). Both offer a free harbor tour when you purchase a hop-on-hop-off ticket, so don't pay for the harbor cruise if you plan on doing the hop-on. CitysightseeingMata is twinned with Capt. Morgan's tours. We used MataSightSeeing for the southern route (RED), and were very disappointed in the Hypogeum/Tarxien Temple stop. There was no mention the Tarxien temple was several (unmarked) blocks away. This is unsuitable for persons with possible issues walking or people on a tight schedule.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Malta is worth a visit, Supreme travel aren't

When we first arrived we booked three trips at our hotel, it turned out all three were with this terrible company.

First trip was the Prehistoric Temples Tour, it was a hot day and on the way back I bought two bottles of the advertised 'cold bottled water' from the bus driver. By the time I got back to my seat I'd already taken a drink of mine, my wife noticed the seal was broken on her bottle and wouldn't drink it. I was laid up the next day with bad guts. IT'S TAP WATER IN REUSED BOTTLES.

Second trip was to Gozo. We were told not to catch the last ferry back to Malta as we would miss the bus back to our hotel which left at 6pm prompt. After arriving at the bus stop at 5.50 we waited until 6:10pm, when we, along with 3 others paid to catch the public bus back to our hotel, only to be told the next morning that no refund was available as our bus was still on it's way and had been held up in traffic.

The final trip was to Comino and was sold to us on the lie that there were no food outlets or public toilets at the Blue Lagoon. The trip they offered had a toilet and snacks available to purchase on the boat. When we arrived there were three food outlets and a toilet block. They also didn't pick us up at the agreed place for this trip and we could easily have missed the boat altogether.

2  Thank Ashfieldebbie
Reviewed 24 October 2013

There are 2 bus tour companies in Malta - and I think that some of the reviewers (just like me on the day) have got the 2 confused. However, if you look at both sets of reviews I would say in general that both companies are much of a muchness - with good days and bad days depending on the number of tourists and how much you have paid!

This company has a north, south and Gozo route - with north & south @ 17 euros per adult per tour.
The competitors - the buses are the same as various other cities - red, blue and green tours and I think the cost is slightly cheaper.
However, they look very similar- and we tried to get on the wrong bus at one stop!

We were staying out in Mileha Bay - and there is a twice daily pick up from outside the hotel - it took around an hour and half to get to the start of the tour.
There is also a transfer back at the end of the day to the outlying hotels.

The tour itself was OK......... we took it on a Sunday, and I think that the timings are designed for days with busier traffic, so end up waiting 5 - 10 minutes at most stops on the latter part of the tour. The actual commentary was alright, nothing special!

Would I go again - nope!

1  Thank cuthbert_the_octopus
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hop on hop off buses, good idea but totally disorganised. You have to fight to get on the bus - literally. Once you get on it's good. It takes you where you want to go. You hop off and hop back on - they run every half hour. Good idea but they stop running too early and need to be better organised at Valetta.