The hotel was advertised as a 4 star but Maltese 4 star is lower than UK rating I am sure. None-the-less overall the staff were friendly and the food for an “Inclusive deal” was acceptable on most days. Local wines and beers were good and the salads were also good from local sourcing.
The room was a little small but acceptable being clean and airy. View to sea was nice.
Building on Malta is everywhere and it’s very hard to avoid a building site or crane..
(1) the room kettle did not work. Reported to desk staff and 24 hours later it was still unserviceable. Chatted to (Nadine) the Hotel liaison manager and it was fixed the next day.
(2) the tissue container fell off the wall but was replaced when the kettle was fixed.
(1) a hotel or something big, is under construction next to the Preluna. Keeping this in context, as above, it’s hard to avoid any building work on Malta at the moment.
It would have been nice for the hotel to place a warning about this on their website.
The site was noisy when we arrived but stopped work about 4.30 pm each day. Starting again about 7.30 in the morning.
(2) It would have been nice to have a choice of air conditioning in the room. A ceiling fan was okay but some nights it was too hot with the balcony door closed, and too noisy (sea crashing and traffic) with it open.
Thinking it was broken I reported it so, and was told it was turned of centrally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on Sliema’s seafront, Malta’s Preluna Hotel & Spa features 3 restaurants, a spa, and a private beach. The spectacular Penthouse Lounge on the rooftop is open all day. The spacious rooms have views of the city or the Mediterranean Sea.All rooms at the Preluna are air-conditioned and feature a tea/coffee maker, a satellite TV, and a private bathroom with bath and shower. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.The well-equipped private beach features a large swimming pool, a kid’s pool, and a bar and grill. A diving school is available and a huge variety of water sports can be practised.The spa includes an indoor swimming pool with 2 large hot tubs, and a wide range of fitness and relaxation facilities. Hot tubs are also available on Preluna’s stunning roof terrace, which also features a mini-golf course.The restaurants are open for lunch and dinner. One offers a varied buffet, and the other 2 specialise in Italian and Japanese cuisine. A free Flavours of Malta dancing evening is arranged weekly, ideal to sample Maltese foods, wines and liqueurs, and learn about the local heritage and traditions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Preluna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Preluna Hotel And Spa
- Preluna Hotel Malta
- Preluna Malta
- Hotel Malta Preluna
- Preluna Hotel Sliema
- Preluna Hotel & Spa Malta/Sliema