“Great for 60+ Good base to travel but beware!”

Preluna Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 10 April 2013

A reasonable standard of cleanliness and food. Tired accomadation in the left hand side of the building. If you want entertainment to suit the 60+ this is good but you may have to pay extra. staff friendly and helpful. Be warned,when writing this review they were drilling and fitting a new lift shaft into the tallest section which was VERY noisy and we had to move rooms. our second room overlooked the sea also but was next to a new development. Both building works didnt look like they would be finished in the near future.
Close to restraunts and overlooks sea front , excellent bus access to most places.
BEWARE time share con men on sea front dragging you back in to the hotel to watch an hours presentation for dodgy gifts - we almost got suckered! they seem to have most of a floor in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Preluna S, Guest Relations Manager at Preluna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Guest,

May we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Kindly accept our apologies for the areas where we have fallen short of expectations and please rest assured that your constructive comments assist us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our clients.

We are truly sorry about the timing as heavy construction works opposite the Hotel had just finished after you had left – just like the installation of the new elevator.

Although time share salesmen have an office in the Preluna, they are strictly not allowed to approach Hotel guests. We are going to clarify this issue to avoid further similar incidents.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you at the Preluna Hotel & Spa.

Please contact me on marketing@preluna.com so I can ensure the best of our hospitality for your next stay.

Daniel Diosi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,206)

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel accommodation was good value for the money.
What we enjoyed most was the evenings at the hotel bar at the top where there was live music every night. We had a lot of fun dancing the nights away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank EndoraBallweber

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments. We were delighted to read of your enjoyable stay at The Preluna Hotel & Spa.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future

With kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Last visit:-
12 December 2012 to 09 January 2013 - 28 Night Stay.
I've stayed at this Hotel approximately six or seven times over the past 10 years, with visits of 7/10/21 to 28 night stays booked via Chevron Air Holidays and Malta Direct.

The location of this Hotel is the best in Malta.
However, I feel the Hotel Management need to 'step up'.

The Hotel through the years has been undergoing continuous 'refurbishment'.
To me, as an 'ex-hotelier' I fail to understand why the job's not completed years down the line.

For the stay I was allocated Room 8113.

As the Hotel was quiet, there were few rooms occupied on this floor when I arrived.
The Hotel was installing a 'new lift' and the 8th Floor Lobby was always in need of a good clean.

Room 8113 is a great location in the building with marvellous 'sea views'.
I'd stayed in this room on previous visits, the bathroom had been 'upgraded' but the 'toilet flush' still leaked.

However the room was in need of a good clean too.

The 9th Floor was undergoing refurbishment and my balcony was on a daily basis littered with debris from 9113.

However I must say 'Housekeeping' did clean my room and balcony when I insisted they check my room. They offered to move me to another room but I declined as I'd already unpacked and settled in.

Through the years on visits to Malta I'd stayed at the Diplomat and Park Hotel's.
I moved to the 'Preluna' for better 'food'.

Sadly, in my opinion the 'standard and quality of food' has deteriorated.

I know 'Hotel Management' put huge demands on 'Head Chefs' during periods of 'austerity' and this certainly appears to have been the case during my visit. I felt the 'cold buffet' & general 'quality of food' was not as in previous years.

However, prior to my visit I'd requested 'Room Service' on Xmas Eve and this was delivered.
In fact, the 'cold salad' requested was 'delicious but on reflection I'd paid a Christmas Supplement of £62 and New Year Supplement of £78 so it should have been good.
A small gripe, not condiments on tray.

On a lighter note...............
The Amadeus Choir perform annually at this hotel and they are spectacular.

I'll return to Malta, it's wonderful,but 'sadly' I'm looking for a new hotel.

Cheers.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to submit your review on Trip Advisor.

Beside we appreciate you have returned so many times to the Preluna, we regret your most recent stay was less satisfying.

The refurbishment works are implemented to offer up to date, high standard accommodation for our future guests. We believe that continuous improvement is the key to keep up with expectations and to provide satisfying experience again and again for guests who are happy to return. Just like how you used to do before.

We are terribly sorry that you feel you had to experience the wrong side of the improvements.

I personally hope that you will return and now I would like to take the opportunity to provide you my email contact to ensure the best stay so far for the next time (marketing@preluna.com)

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is my fifth visit to Malta and my second stay in Sliema. of all the resorts on Malta in my opinion this is probably one of the best situated to visit the main sights of the island,and this hotel is a gem.I booked a seaview room and it is definately worth paying a little extra the views are lovely.The room was clean and spacious and recently refurbished.All the staff are great and very obliging the chefs in the restaurant are a joy mealtimes were a real pleasure.It is a very large hotel and on the top floor is the skyroom with panoramic views over the island this is also where the evening entertainment takes place.There is a good variety from quizzes to singers and something not to be missed is the dancing on a saturday(this takes place in the Venus lounge downstairs).There are tables reserved for guests but it is also open to the locals who know how to enjoy themselves its great fun to watch them let their hair down.While i was there i was lucky enough to get tickets for the Hypogeum if you like historical sights this is a must (it predates the pyramids) and the chambers were hewn from sheer rock by hand using flint like tools and antlers one chamber alone took a thousand years to complete.it was used as a burial site and after you have visited it is only a short walk to the Tarxien temples which is also worth a visit.The bus stop is just outside the hotel and it is worth investing in a weekly ticket these are cheap and will allow you to hop on and off busses and explore the whole island.All in all this is a hotel and a nation well worth a visit the Maltese are lovely people and make you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: A seaview if possible and the higher the better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank MrandMrsSid

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to place such a fantastic review about the Preluna Hotel & Spa.

We are truly glad you have enjoyed the recently refurbished room and we are very pleased to see that you were satisfied with the location, service of our staff and the facilities we offer.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Preluna, and on behalf of the rest of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. I have to agree, Malta has so much interesting places to visit, the island is rich in historical and cultural heritages.

With warm wishes,

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Lovely warm welcome at this hotel. Room wasn't ready however we were offered a complimentary drink and storage if our luggage. Rooms spotless, great sea view ans hotel location is perfect. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank fionamarshall25
Preluna S, Guest Relations Manager at Preluna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at The Preluna Hotel & Spa.

We are so pleased that your experience with us was a great one and that you were satisfied with our room and the location.

Whilst looking forward to welcoming you back again we would like to extend our best wishes.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We went to Malta for a quick break to get away from the snow and made a last minute booking in the Preluna. I had chosen a sea view room with balcony which was really good. Having arrived in the evening we went to the buffet restaurant in the hotel which was really very good for a buffet restaurant and excellent value. The breakfast buffet was also good and having breakfast overlooking the sea was pleasant.
As it was March, the sea side swimming pool was not open but we were able to enjoy the sun on the roof terrace which is nicely shaded from the sometimes cold wind.

Overall a very good place to stay in Malta.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms with balcony are the best
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RickLjungsbro
Preluna S, Guest Relations Manager at Preluna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time submitting your kind review. The sea view rooms are truly good, the scene of the blue sea is wonderful. We are glad you have enjoyed the breakfast and had a good time on the roof terrace. We appreciate your comments very much.

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for choosing us and we would be glad to welcome you again!

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My partner and i have just had a wonderful month at the preluna hotel and really enjoyed our stay, the staff really try to make your holiday a memorable one, the food is great rooms comfortable this is our 8th or ninth year and we look forward to next year. Celia Adams and Alan Durber

Room Tip: rooms in the towers are great especially higher ones
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank celialadams
Preluna, Guest Relations Manager at Preluna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Celia and Alan,

On behalf of the team of The Preluna Hotel & Spa, I would like to thank you for choosing us from time to time.

We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for stay with us and also for sharing your valuable opinion.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Daniel Diosi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
The Palace
Hilton Malta
Hilton Malta
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's
115 The Strand Hotel and Suites

Been to Preluna Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!