“Wnderful views”

Preluna Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed in a sea front room on the 11th floor. Excellent views, good sized room and bathroom, plus use of mini bar without charge. The food was good buffet food, plenty of variety, and usually hot. Breakfasts could be a bit busy, but the staff coped well. Locl house wine was very cheap and quite acceptable.
The Skyroom on the 13th floor was amazing. Wonderful views of the lights and the coast at night, with live music most evenings.
Also the rooftop sunbathing area, and jacuzzi were well worth a visit.
Staff throughout the hotel, were all very friendly and helpful.
Would reurn to this hotel again

Room Tip: sea view higher floor are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jivebunny
Write a ReviewReviews (2,235)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Travelled in June with my 84 year old mother and not terribly well husband. Contacted the hotel beforehand and asked for slip-mats for the bath/shower, rooms on a certain floor and a particular type of room. Absolutely brilliant service, slip-mats in place, room on correct floor and exactly the type of room we requested. I am not saying that other people did not have a few problems, but we had the most fabulous time. The all-inclusive was excellent and the food by the pool, part of the all-inclusive package, was fabulous. My mother says it was the best holiday she has had in years. I loved the gym and steam room, wonderful for an early morning quiet hour. Thank you Preluna management and staff, we hope to see you again.

Room Tip: Lower floor can be noisy due to street noise and upper floors can be noisy due to Preluna Skyroom, m...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank muchtravelled47
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A pleasant hotel. This is a large hotel with several hundred rooms. Mine was a twin, with no balcony. The view was bad, just a wall, but I understand some more expensive rooms have balconies with sea views. The room was large if bland, and very clean. Bed was ok, not wonderfully comfortable. Breakfast was adequate but not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel - eggs, beans, sausage, cereal etc, from a buffet. Coffee was from a machine. They were able to provide for special needs such as soya milk and gluten free bread, which I really appreciated. The outdoor pool is nice. It's across the street but strangely after 6pm it becomes a restaurant run by a 3rd party and hotel guests have to leave. Staff were very helpful

I paid £58 per night for bed and breakfast. This felt like a good price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank badbaddave
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have just returned from a week, all inclusive at the Perluna and on the whole it was excellent, just what the doctor ordered.

The hotel is made up of three towers and we stayed in what we are assuming was the oldest of the three as it was above the main reception, on the second floor below the Sky Lounge.

We arrived around 11:00 and were told our room would not be ready until 2:00 and after a very early flight, 5:00 from Manchester that wasn’t the best of news. We were then told our All Inclusive didn’t kick in until 12:30. We left our bags with the bellboy and went for a beer. We went back to the hotel at 12:00, purely to drop off some stuff to be told our room was now ready. After a bit of a rocky start the staff pulled it back for us.

We got our things into the room and headed to the Triton Restaurant for lunch. This was the last time we had lunch there, not because it was bad, far from it, the choice was good and the food tasty we just preferred to eat at the pool bar.

After lunch we grabbed our shorts and headed to the pool, which is a sea water lido on the opposite side of the road to the hotel. The amenities there are excellent, lovely bar, changing rooms and a small kitchen preparing fresh al a carte meals for lunch. Everything was spotlessly clean. We were lucky to get beds after arriving so late in the afternoon though as it’s not a massive area.

We didn’t have an evening meal in the hotel until the following night and again the food was excellently cooked and tasty. The only thing I would as is the food does get a little repetitive after a few nights, but we met friends three night of the seven at local bars so it wasn’t a major issue for us.

The roof terrace is lovely if you want a bit of peace and quiet but I have to say the hot tub there should be called a Baltic tub because it was freezing and not pleasant in the slightest. I expected it to be refreshing but it was unbearable.

We only had breakfast at the hotel once during the entire stay and again it wasn’t down to the food as the choice and quality was superb, but because we are late risers when we are on holiday, making it down before 10:00 to eat breakfast wasn’t high on our list of priorities!

The Sky Lounge really made it for us, going there for an evening drink and then again for a night cap each evening. Located on the 13th floor with almost a 360 view around Sliema. For those of you who have been to Malta before you will know how much the Maltese like their fireworks and there is no better place to watch than from the Sky Lounge.

Again we can’t comment on the entertainment because Sliema is such a vibrant place we always went along to sea front every evening after dinner and stopped off at the different bars as we went. That might sound a bit daft with an all-inclusive holiday but at 2.50 euro’s a beer in most bars it wasn’t a massive expense.

We also had the benefit of being there whilst there was an Urban Art Festival on with loads going on at different places between Sliema and St Julians.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Clean, great staff, decent food, plenty to drink and a brilliant location.

Only faults I could find was firstly the WI-FI was shocking but even that had it’s advantages as I stayed away from work emails.

Secondly, oddly for an all-inclusive you had to sign for every single meal, drink, snack, towels etc. I spent each and every day signing my name away and I have this nagging doubt in my mind that at the end of the week I would be given a bill for reaching some mythical quota. Luckily that didn't happen and we checked out not owing a penny!

Room Tip: Sea View is a must in my opinion, WIFI is poor in Malta, even in the local bars.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank willow1968
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I knew about this hotel Preluna from my friends who stayed there last summer also in July and I was pleasantly wonder when I came to this hotel. I came at 9 a.m. and my was ready at 12 instead of 2 p.m. I have my towel card immediately and go to the beach. Friendly and helpful staff told me about everything in this hotel, there are a lot of different activities for kids and adults for different tastes and ages. If you go to Malta, I advise you to choose the hotel Preluna, I hope you will be happy their. By the way, the food there is very nice and wide range of dishes which you choose, rooms are always clean and pretty. It's a lovely holiday there!

Room Tip: I have my room on the 4 floor with a seaview, it's very nice, so guiet and no problem with sleep...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Alenka P
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had never been to Malta before, and booked the Preluna on the internet without really being too aware of location, etc, so therefore wasn't expecting too much. I was very pleasantly surprised! The hotel is on the seafront, right opposite the bus stop into Valetta and a few yards from the bus stop up to St Julians. The reception staff are very knowledgeable about bus routes and got us round the island easily. It was very useful to know that once you've paid for your bus ticket you can re-use it at any time and on any route that day. Plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance. The decor of the hotel was a little "tired", and sometimes it seemed we had to wait for ages for the lifts, but the staff more than made up for any little niggles. Everyone we spoke to was pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. Each of our children locked themselves out of their rooms during the week but there was never any problem about replacing keys. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, the spa was excellent, the pool area over the road was lovely - we got there early, managed to get sunbeds in the shade and stayed there all morning. Plenty of choice for breakfast, and seemingly a good choice of restaurants for dinner, but we ate out every night. I can't over emphasize how helpful the staff were, it really made our holiday and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hotel to anyone else. If we return to Malta, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Buttercup6125
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Being the third hotel I had stayed in one day (overbooked, then rubbish) I ended up in the Preluna, and thank god for small mercys. I was quite cranky when i arrived due to other hotel mix ups, but they all faded away thanks to the welcome I got from the front office staff ( I think they had heard about me) what you would expect from a 4 star hotel.

The whole ground floor is great with a bar, a TV area and a large seting area to unwind, my room was lovely no sea view but a good sized balcony, also air-con, good selection of tv channels, payable safe, and a good sized bathroom, there is also free wifi throughout the hotel, not super fast but good enough.

All meals are buffet, and as with every buffet they do get repititve but they were good with themed nights, certainly no complaints and the waiting staff were very attentive asking if you required drinks etc.

The pool area is actually across the road, there is a pool but also it leads down to the sea, plenty of loungers, if not round the pool definetly at the rocky beach, you get a pool card for towels etc, you can also get drinks and food etc. There is also a sunbathing area on the top floor of the hotel witha small jacuzzi, it has great views over the bay.

I usually stay at the Waterfront Hotel when in Malta, but I may be swappping next year. Impressed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dougstar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sliema
The Palace
115 The Strand Hotel and Suites
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta

Been to Preluna Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!