Preluna Hotel & Spa
US$46
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
2,315 results
All reviewstriton restaurantsky roomsea viewbeach clubsun terraceoutdoor pooltower blockjapanese restaurantsea frontevening entertainmentst julianshalf boardbed and breakfast basisbuffet stylerooftop barsteam roombus stop
Reviewed 18 September 2009

My wife and I booked a week in this hotel after reading the good reviews it received on Trip Advisor. The people writing those good reviews clearly have very low standards.
When we were shown to the room, which was small and not very clean, the air conditioning was not working. The maintenance man came to check it and said it was ok, sorry but I work on airconditioning and refrigeration and it wasnt ok!
We were then moved to a better room which by this time 10.30pm felt cool, mainly because the ceiling fan was on maximum setting. The next day the room turned into a sauna as the a/c was not working properly. I talked to a number of other guests who also reported problems with the a/c. The hotel offered to give us a new room but it was dirty and abot the size of a small single room, which I refused. We were then given an extra fan to cool the room and that had the desired effect, it cooled the room but only after the sun had set.
The only meals we had was breakfast which was not very good, I think the cook 's specialty was burnt bacon and overcooked fried eggs.

Entertainment was provide every night but it was poor, calling it second rate would be a compliment.
On the positive side the location was great.
Going to Malta? whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL
Peter

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peter202
Reviewed 7 September 2009

This was supposed to be a 4 star hotel, but it is definitely not. The stay was ok, but not near to what we expected.

1  Thank HTACopenhagen
Reviewed 27 August 2009

- Convenient location to move about from Sliema
- Breakfast was excellent with great choice of foods
- Bed were uncomfortable
- Rooms were not very well cleaned
- Indoor and Outdoor Jaccuzzis are fine
- Indoor swimming pool is rather small

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alberto20
Reviewed 24 August 2009

On arrival at the hotel staff were friendly and we were offered a refreshing drink, check in was smooth and we were in our room within 15 minutes -great!
The hotel is OK, but after travelling around the island and seeing what other hotels had to offer I think this hotel is over priced if staying on a B&B basis. Our room had views over the sea which were superb but other than that the room is pretty standard - pretty similar to a travelodge in the UK I think. Everything was clean within the room but the hallway on the top floor left a lot to be desired - and was always stuffy..no airconditioning.
The air conditiong in our room didn't work on the first night - they sent a maintenace guy to check it within 15minutes but he simply looked at it and said he couldnt do anything that evening. So the first night was very uncomfortable. It was fixed the next day and the guy even came back the day after to check it was still working...the hotel staff are polite and helpful.
The Spa left a lot to be desired - definitely don't book this hotel for the spa - it's underground and didnt feel relaxing at all! Also I was told you have to book 3days in advance for a treatment...so if there only for a week book on your first day to avoid disappointment!
The pool is OK - as I read in some of the previous reviews they charge 3euros for a parasol - which considering the price of the room - I think is very cheeky! However, if you get to the pool late afternoon there are always free parasols!
Overall this hotel is OK with a good location- but definitely not luxurious and defnitiely does not live up to the hotel website...I wouldn't stay here again.

3  Thank luckydm
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I have written a review before and I suppose I’ve said it all before but I feel I must say more even if repeating myself.
My wife and I returned to the Preluna for the forth time.
As before we booked a sea view suite and on this occasion I requested a particular one. Just before our departure the hotel contacted me to say the requested suite was not available for our arrival and would it be OK to be allocated a different one. I was a little disappointed but do understand that allocating particular rooms can be difficult, especially in high season however the hotel agreed to move us to the requested one on our third day. When we went to our suite, I realized that I had acted hastily. The suite was really super and the layout much more to out liking than the requested one. I immediately told the hotel that we would stay where we were.
Food was as always excellent
Breakfast choice left nothing to be desired and I was delighted to see two separate bacon offerings – one cooked medium and one cooked crispy –
Lunch we had at the pool most days and enjoyed the choice thoroughly.
For dinner we tried all three choices of restaurant.
The Sukura – Japanese cuisine
I had never eaten Japanese food before, apart from an occasional Sushi and was delighted with it. The Sukura has table service, which was excellent.
Nina’s
Wide choice of dishes and wines with excellent table service.
Triton Restaurant
Excellent choice and variety as always and no shortage! We like to dine late and found that the selection never ran out regardless of how late we went.
Service in all three restaurants as well as the pool was excellent with helpful and friendly staff. The Piazza Bar and the Skyroom were great for a before or after dinner drink with friendly staff.
A special mention for David and Guido in the Triton, Novka, Young Woon and Evelina in the Sukura, Roberta at the pool, and Anthony at the Piazza Bar who all remembered us from previous visits and welcomed us with smiles and attended to our needs throughout our stay making an invaluable contribution to our holiday.
Thanks to all the other staff whose names I did not get to know but who also contributed so much to our holiday
Finally we were sorry to see Charles no longer in the Triton but delighted to see him now on the management team. He clearly retains his great attention to customer satisfaction in his new position.
Not sure if it will be 2010 or 2011 for Malta but 2010 certainly looks very likely and regardless of which, there is absolutely no doubt that it will be the Preluna again.

2  Thank kenbac