The Victoria Hotel
US$248
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Pool
LABRANDA Rocca Nettuno Suites(Sliema)(Great Value!)
US$390
US$187
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Pebbles Boutique Aparthotel(Sliema)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
2,153 results
All reviewspenny black barcharles portellirooftop poolsister hoteljunior suitelovely hotelfront office managerair consea frontreception staffquiet areapalazzo capuanice balconyasian restaurantvery pleasant staytop floorbreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Recently had a family gathering at The Victoria to celebrate our grandson's one year birthday.
Must say that the venue was first class. The food was excellent and varied. Staff were very helpful and attentive. Drinks were being served throughout. Price was good for the fare on offer.
Would surely recommend anyone making use of Hotel's facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

In April 2012 I wrote a review praising the Victoria Hotel and since then returned for a minimum of three week holidays in July-August 2012, October-November 2012 and March-April 2013 having had to cancel my December 2012/January 29013 holiday due to a sudden mild stroke in November. My praise remains undiminished and with the value for money being even better than ever in these austere times. As I said before as soon as you step inside in the very grand foyer you get a lovely warm peaceful and inviting feeling which increases on being greeted by the friendly Reception staff and then the rest of the staff continue in this attitude irrespective of the nature of their duties and if complaints are made by guests then they are looked in to immediately in a sympathetic way. The staff were aware of my illness prior to my March/April holiday and did everything possible to ensure my wellbeing and comfort to an extent that I could have been Royalty and needless to say I am booked to return in July-August. I now have also every intention to return to my four holidays a year of three months in the Victoria Hotel, barring unforeseen events, and have absolutely no regrets in recommending this hotel and it is the very best I have stayed in during the 33 out of the last 34 years of holidaying in Malta.

Room Tip: Nothing to add from my last review except that having been staying on the 3rd floor it is very quiet and not too high up to use the stairs!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Manxie42
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This hotel is good value for money. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It's located at the top of a hill, with 5 mins walk down into either Sliema or Sliema Ferries. The indoor pool is great. Breakfast is buffet style and ok (freshly cooked eggs would have been nice!). The bar staff are great and the food is good and reasonably priced. Our room was rather dated, but very large and comfortable. People say you can get a room with a view but I'm not sure how - the view from the outdoor pool is great.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen123503838
Rev_Manager, Operations Executive at The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Karen 123503838,

On behalf of the staff and management of The Victoria Hotel, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays and for taking your time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to have you back with us.

Kind regards,

Operatons Executive

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We have just returned from a trip to the Victoria Hotel where we spent 8 days found the hotel very comfortable and excellent service , the staff were very friendly and helpful very good breakfast and also a buffet dinner. My husband & I were also upgraded when they heard we were celebrating our anniversary. They have a lovely roof top pool and also an indoor pool on the 7th floor and we hope to return for another visit. I know the hotel is located a short walk from the waterfront but there are a few roads that are not as hilly for people with lesser mobility which the hotel were keen to tell us about as my husband would have found some roads quite steep.

Room Tip: I think most rooms have balconies and we were to the front which we didn't find noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fina D
Rev_Manager, Operations Executive at The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear Ms Fina,

On behalf of staff and the management of The Victoria Hotel, i would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor and we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to see you back again,

Regards

Operations Executive
The Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 6 days in April, 2 days on business and the rest holiday. The Victoria is a quality classic hotel with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The room was large and comfortable, expecially the bed which was enormous and one of the most comfortable we've had in any hotel. We weren't sure initially whether we would like a buffet evening meal, but in fact these turned out to be excellent (and reasonably priced) and we ate in the hotel in the Copperfields restaurant every evening.
The location of the hotel was very good for us as it is central in Sliema and just a short walk in either direction to the waterfront areas. From the waterfront, you can easily get a bus to Valletta or the Sliema-Valletta ferry which crosses the harbour in a few minutes. Bus tours and cruises also run from the waterfront.
We will probably visit Malta again and if so would definitely be happy to stay at the Victoria again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martinb22

Dear Mr Martin B,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us during your visit to Malta. You have been kind enough to dedicate some of your time to compliment us on the service we have provided you with, which we truly appreciate.

Looking forward to host you back

Regards