“Wonderful Hotel! Definitely 4 stars**** Highly Recommend!!”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Me and my boyfriend decided to go to Malta as I'd already been there a few years ago with my parents. The signs are all in english as well as street and hotel names and the locals all speak english as well, so its the ideal destination for two 20 year olds on their first holiday together.
We found Park Hotel Sliema through travel republic, and it was very cheap! We went half board for 1 week and requested a double room, non smoking, with balcony. When we arrived, we checked in and found we were on the second floor. Our hotel room was beyond expectations as youll see from the pictures! It was very modern, clean, spacious and we even had our own kitchenette which we wasnt actually expecting! We got our balcony and double bed we requested so we were extremely impressed already!
The lobby area where we checked in is also lovely and very classy! Breakfast had a fairly good choice, of cereals, fry up, hot food, hams and cheeses, a variety of breads, fruit and standard hot drinks and fruit juices.
The evening meal also had a good choice of food. There was always a choice of 3 meats and included; fish, duck, pork, gammon, chicken or beef, which were all really well cooked and the optional accompanying sauces were delicous! There was also a choice of carbs (potatoes/rice/pasta) and then veg which ranged from variety of peppers to mixed veg such as carrots and peas. There was always salad, hams and cheeses available for evening meal as well. Soup was available as well, a different flavour every night, I tried cauliflower, carrot and tomato and potato soup which was always tasty and of course had a home made authenticity to it! Drinks were not included with evening meal if you were half board, so me and my boyfriend had a small bottle of wine each (195ml), which was only 2euros each.
Pudding was served every night, mainly cakes, gateau and cheesecakes - lemon cheesecake, orange cheesecake, orange cake - (which was so good me and my boyfriend had two serving each) chocolate cake and coffee cake (well we thought the frosting was coffee flavoured, anyway). Some nights they also served banana fritters, blamange and bread and butter pudding.
The staff who worked in morning and evenings in the restaurant were always friendly and very polite!
Now for the location of the hotel, we couldnt fault it! It is perfectly situated on Sliemas waterfront which is a 10 minutes bus ride in to St Julians - which has an abundance of restaurants and a clubbing strip in Paceville - and we were only a 20 minute bus ride from Valetta - the capital.
2 minute walk from the hotel takes you to Sliema waterfront where there are plenty of bars, our favourite being The Compass - its a must! Directly opposite the street our hotel was on, was a restaurant called Il-Fortizza, which we also went to on the saturday night and the food is fantastic!
As for the other facilities, the swimming pool was located on the roof top terrace which was level seven, there was always plenty of sun lounges and the pool was a modest size, but there were never many people there anyway! We didnt actualy use the spa or indoor pool, as most days we were too busy sight seeing!
This hotel is definitely ideal for couples of all ages, most of the people there were actually around 50+, but there was the odd group of 18-25 year olds that were there as part of sports or work trips.
The hotel definitely lives up to its four star rating and we really enjoyed our stay here!

Room Tip: Request a double bed if you need one
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessbeans1
parkhotelmanager123, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Jessbeans 1.
Thank you for finding the time to write your review and that you found your stay with us very comfortable. All the staff want to thank you for praising them as they do there best to please as many guests as possible.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I have just returned from 9 days, staying in the above hotel. I cannot praise the hotel staff more
highly, they are attentive helpful and very nice and all spoke English. Now the hotel, The bedding and towels were very clean, the room was clean, the facilities were not 4 star. The lavatory took 35 minutes to refill. The TV reception was very poor. Most guests were on a bed and breakfast basis, it was very very busy at most times. Food quality was adequate but lacked
flair. The dinner was of a buffet style and some nights was ok but others not. The roof top pool
was lovely, clean and well maintained. The indoor pool was not operational after the first few days as the pump broke.
The bar area was very clean, but it is small. The drinks were most reasonable in price, usually
only 2 euros per measure, for all drinks including spirits. My friends and I would not stay there again. I think the owner recently passed away suddenly.. PS. I had a room next to the cleaners
store and they start at 6 am. Also the generator makes a noise and can be heard on our side of the building at all times.

Room Tip: Cannot help here as we occupied 3 rooms and they all suffered the same fate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank buddy070

Dear buddy 070
First of all let me thank you for finding the time to write your review .A big thank you from the staff for praising them so much. I can assure you that most of them do there utmost to please as many guests as possible.
As to the room I am very sorry that it was not to your expectation, but from what you say it was always kept clean to your satisfaction. The tv reception , we are very sorry about it and that nothing was done after reporting to the receptionist.. Even though you state that you will not stay with us please re consider that ,and if you decide to come back to the Park I will personally look after your needs .You can send me an email on generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt
Thanks

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was there from 4/June to 6/June. My first impression to way on my room was the smell of cigarette and Humidity. I am smoker but in the bed room was very heavy the smell even if had balcony. The hotel is old and need revitalization as it is full Guests the most time of the year. The WC was very small and the exhaust system do not operate, also the batteries and the bath curtain was very old. The TV was small very old and need patent to operate. The true is that have the most of European channels plus Arabic. The food was buffet for dinners, was not many thinks but the warm food was home made, the dissert the same and the fruits and tomatoes local production as well the Got cheese where was fantastic.
The service in dinning room was in good level and the people smiling. The location is very good as it is very close to walking areas.
In conclusion the Hotel is good for families but absolutely is 3 stars hotel and not 4.

Room Tip: They should ask the reception to do not give bed room with open all night the lights on balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Antonis I

Dear Antonis 1

Thank you for your review.
We are very pleased that you have found our food to your satisfaction and you enjoyed the service and experience in our restaurant. I have to agree with you that the tv are to small and in actual fact we are starting to change them slowly to flat screens and hopefully all the hotel will have them done by the end of the year. As to the renovation we are constantly updating as much as possible the product to satisfy as many guests as possible .
We thank you once more for your constructive criticism
Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at the Park hotel for 3 nights from 18-21 May. The hotel is advertised as a 4 star, but in my opinion it is not. It is more like a 3 star. That said, the double room that I was allocated was clean and comfortable, although there were 2 single beds pushed together as opposed to the double bed I assumed that I would be given when I booked a "double room". I did have a couple of minor niggles with the room. Firstly, there was only one electrical socket in the room, which was used by the TV, so whenever I needed to charge my mobile phone, I had to unplug the TV to do so! The TV is also an old fashioned CRT, and a tiny 14" screen at that! The barrel on the room safe lock was missing, meaning the safe couldn't be used. Finally, although there was a kettle and 2 teacups in the room, there were no teabags/sugar/coffee/milk cartons available, so I would have had to go out and buy these, which for a 3 night trip is unhelpful.

Breakfast was included in my room rate and was OK. There was the usual "continental" fare, fruit, cereals and a hot buffet which consisted of bacon, susages, eggs, fried potatoes and baked beans. It was fine to start the day with.

All the staff that I had dealings with were friendly and helpful.

I would stay there again, provided I got a really good deal.

Room Tip: I had a 4th floor room facing the street, which did have some noise at night from inconsiderate (Bri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cfc_7

Dear cfc 7
Thank you for your constructive criticism. We are pleased that you found the room clean and comfortable. As to the double room it is most probably a mistake from the agent who used that word to mean that 2 people can stay. Infect most of our rooms are twin beds and when requested as correctly stated by your good self we put them together. As to the electric socket each room have 2 sockets and one European socket so I do not know why your particular room had one but if you could send me your room no I will check. As to the safe the barrel was not missing but you had to hire it from reception as also stated in the booklet in the room. As to the coffee and tea we advertise that we provide only the facility but I am please to inform you that since a couple of weeks ago we are providing the tea/coffee, sugar and milk complimentary.
We are pleased to see that your experience during breakfast was also a satisfactory one
Since you state that will stay again with us when you decide please send me an email on generalmanager@parkghotel.com.mt
Thanks.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Have just come back from this hotel and would not agree with some comments from the latest reviewers. I found it clean. 2 clean towels per person. I liked the pool area and did not find it dirty or smelly. Kettle and cups and saucers, but no teabags, coffee etc. Food was alright, but not much variety throughout the week. The cleaning staff and the staff in the restaurant were friendly. After taking a beach towel I discovered you can hire them. I had a sunny balcony above the front of the hotel. Quiet through the night. Location is excellent for promenade and buses, which go to various places and are very frequent. 2.60 for a day ticket. If I was going back I would be happy to go there again. If you have already booked this hotel I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

2  Thank walker068
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is no way 4 star more like 2!!!!!! Had to call manager when we arrived, dirty cups, TV not working, duvet cover all torn, true it was put right straight away but not a very good first impression. The pool area was dirty, sun beds no better. The whole place needs refurbishment, and yes smell of smoke in corridors from cleaning staff. Would not stay here again or recommend it to friends. I did read the reviews before we went but thought "you can't please everyone," wish I had taken more notice now.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Eileen G
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel based on the previous reviews on trip adviser. After staying at the hotel, we think that maybe a computer glitch put the wrong reviews with the hotel. Staff were terribly unfriendly, unhelpful and really gave the impression that they didn't care. The male members of staff were borderline inappropriate and made my girlfriend feel uncomfortable.
It certainly isn’t a four star hotel, but it is good value for money for the location.
Housekeeping cannot be faulted at all, and in our opinion, the only ones keeping that hotel going, with a friendly smile and hello in the mornings.
On checking out, we were not asked how our stay had been and if we had enjoyed ourselves.
If you want a no frills hotel for the right price, this is the place. If you want to feel welcome and treated like a guest ... try elsewhere.
Come on Park Hotel, customer service is everything!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple