“stay at park hotel may 2014”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Blyth, United Kingdom
“stay at park hotel may 2014”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

we have visited Malta 14 times-walked by the park hotel and this time decided to stay for a week....the staff were pleasant and helpful...... The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel is within easy distance for the sliema ferry etc.....the only downside was a charge to access the WI-FI...apart from that we were happy with the stay......oh and the breakfast was among the best we've had at other hotels charging more....thanks to the park staff.

Room Tip: if you want peace and quiet get a room at the back of the hotel.......the view is none existent but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Park Hotel Malta.

I am happy to hear that you liked the location of our Hotel, appreciated the cleanliness of our rooms, our team members being helpful and our lavish buffet breakfast.

Meanwhile, I thank you for the feedback regarding the free WI-FI whilst confirming that we are currently setting it all up to be free use in our lobby and café.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Aldo Calleja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malta, Austria
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have decided to book this although some reviews had to be given a thought. We arrived at night and we were offered a cup of coffee while we filled in the hotel card. This was great.

We had booked a room which was to our satisfaction. The breakfast every morning was good with the restaurant manager greeting you and escorting to the table. He actually invited us to see the menu for the evening meal and we opted to book for two nights. They have a special price for hotel guests. The restaurant manager suggested to us a bottle of wine the night before and this was nice.

Overall we had a very good stay with hotel staff greeting you around the hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms are equipped with all required. Hotel is in a very good location and bus stop is some metres a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SIRO2014
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent holiday experience.

It is with great pleasure to read that our team members exceeded your expectations during your stay whilst thank you for the positive and very encouraging comments about our Restaurant Manager and our hotel.

Once again, I thank you for choosing the Park Hotel for your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have just been back from a short stay at this hotel which was a very pleasant one. We decided to stay in this hotel because it offers a very good value for money. This hotel also met and exceeded our expectations.

The staff working at the hotel was very friendly and helpful all the times. The lobby of the hotel was very welcoming as well as the manager who escorted us to the reception area. The hotel's facilities were good and the food was excellent with a great variety of choice. Both the services at breakfast and dinner were also excellent and the staff was very attentive to provide us with all that we need. Moreover, the hotel rooms were clean, spacious and well mantained.

The location of the hotel is also very central in Sliema. It is very close to all amenities and within walking distance to Tigne Shopping Centre and Plaza Shopping Centre which are great places to do some serious shopping. It is also close to a variety of bars and restaurants where one can go during the stay. Moreover, there is a bus stop within less than five minutes of walking distance. There is also the sea just on the opposite side of the hotel within the same walking distance.

Our stay at this hotel was very satisfying and positive. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Summ10
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Park Hotel.

I am very happy to read that you found our staff to be welcoming, friendly and helpful. It gives us great pleasure to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that as a team, with the services provided, we exceeded your expectations.

Once again, I would like to thank you for staying at the Park Hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to return in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just arrived back home from a wonderful stay from the Park Hotel in Sliema, the hotel is extremely clean and staff is very friendly and professional, from the front office staff to the General Manager. I recommend this hotel to everyone as it is also very centrally located.

1 Thank marilynn f
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Hotel and thank you most sincerely for your kind comments.

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one and that you found the hotel to be clean and to your satisfaction.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and do send me an email on generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt should you require any assistance.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Terrible hotel. Dozens of large fire-ants throughout the room. Air conditioner blew only hot air regardless of setting. Advertised as balcony room, yet "balcony" was merely a small ledge two feet wide by less than one foot deep. Disturbingly noisy bed with one incredibly awkward giant pillow. Icing on the cake was after I went downstairs one night to find the night porter lying down asleep on one of the sofas, after asking him for a lighter he replied, with his eyes closed, "Go away and leave me alone!" Being a polite Englishman I ignored this incredibly rude remark to ask if matches or a lighter would be possible, and that I would be willing to pay for them. The reply "What part of English don't you understand? Do you want me to tell you in Spanish? Go away and leave me alone!" That was unbelievable. That is not how you dismiss a guest of your hotel. Very shocking. Avoid this hotel. Have been to Malta many times to visit family and understand the country has its weak points, and Maltese mannerisms can occasionally be considered slightly rude, but this was something else. Will most definitely not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank J E
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for travelling to Malta and considered the Park Hotel for your stay.

Guest feedback is very much important to me and please accept my sincere apology for the experience you had encountered during your stay with us. I thank you for letting me know of the problem you had with the quality of service of our Night team member. This is truly not our usual standard.

I have discussed this issues with the Front Office Manager and will share your comments with the team in order to ensure that we deliver great service at all times.

I value your business very much and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the Park Hotel and I sincerely hope that you will give us the chance in the future to prove that we can do better than your experience suggests.

It is highly appreciated that you will be contacting me direct my email at generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt

Aldo Calleja

Travellers are raving about these Sliema hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Did travel in march so probably the reason bar only open one night. bar in restaurant open but on check out they tried to charge us for a meal we had already paid explained to receptionist but we were further challenged by three manager later that day.got the impression he did not believe us .put a bit of dampener on the stay.other staff were great but we spent most time out of the hotel because nothing on.really recommend the masseuse did my back in and she got me walking again

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank Eileen M
Luton
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We recently enjoyed a few days at this hotel. The staff were helpful and efficient and our room, though not big, was comfortable with everything you needed, including a bath in the bathroom which we had requested and thanks to the hotel for that.
I expect the hotel gets 4* status because of its pools/wellness etc. but the food, though adequate, I wouldn't say is 4*, though I know this is subjective.
The staff in the dining room were excellent and in reception too.
However, having said all this, I would return to this hotel if we visited Sliema again as it is in a very convenient position but away from the main road.
Thank you Park Hotel.