“2 stars at best.”

Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
London, United Kingdom
“2 stars at best.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rooms are dirty beyond belief, walls are dirty and covered in marks. Ants all over the place. As far as I am concerned the only good point about this hotel is its location. As for anything else, pretty terrible. Not sure where they have got the 4 stars from. Look somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your review.

Please rest assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and we will be implementing the required maintenance needed in the apartment described as of today.

Many Thanks,

Aldo Calleja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marsascala, Malta
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a second visit to Malta with family. The hotel was absolutely great in every way from the rooms and heavenly beds to the great and friendly staff in all areas - they couldn't do enough to make our holiday a special one. From the fantastic choice of foods at breakfast to the hotel restaurant the food was indeed first rate and service was, despite the hotel being full.
If you want the best location & Hotel in Malta stay at the Park Hotel ..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Adrian F
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay in June at the Park Hotel.

It is with great pleasure to read that the services offered by our teams were to your satisfaction.

I thank you once for your loyalty to book our hotel and looking forward to host you and your family once again in the future.

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I took a long time reviewing hotels in Sleima and came to the conclusion this hotel was the best value for money.I booked it through a hotel website which said 4 rooms were available.I booked all my transfers and arranged resturants around this hotel for my 60th birthday.How dismayed I was when I arrived on holiday only to be told by reception that I am no longer booked in this hotel and refered me to another ,which they said was comparable.Obviously it was the worst hotel I have ever been in,and I didn't know anything about the area as it was the other side of Sleima.I felt abandoned by this hotel as I was told they were double booked and I had to go to this hotel.With modern technology they should,nt be able to overbook and the customer service given was disgraceful.

Room Tip: none as we did not get a room
6 Thank robertpannell
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your time to share with us your feedback.

I was sorry to read that we failed to meet let alone exceed your expectations and I kindly ask you to contact me directly with more details to allow me to look into the matter further. My email address is generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt

At our hotel we value and appreciate all our guests and as such your comments come as a surprise as we did not book out guests on arrival to the other side of Sliema.

I sincerely hope to hear from you very soon.

Aldo Calleja

Travellers are raving about these Sliema hotels

England
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I can only assume the reviews I have read, are not recent. The Park Hotel has a new manager,and boy has it made a difference. We have had many holidays in Malta, but decided on Sliema for a change, and we are so glad we did.Our room was immaculately clean and well equipped, as were all the public area's we were in. The pools inside and out are classy, they are obviously cleaned/well maintained. My husband was thrilled with the gym, because it is the first hotel we have been to with so much equipment. The beds were comfy, so we slept well.The food was good, the staff very helpful and pleasant, what more can I say. All we can say is The Park Hotel, is going through changes for the better,
and wish people would consider this, when writing reviews. We found nothing at all to complain about, only good things, thanks to Aldo the manager he is doing a splendid job. In the past when we have needed to make a complaint, we have always approached the manager first, who did his utmost to solve the problem, so problem solved, and end of issue, no need to think about it again. We think everyone needs a break even people doing placements, we can't choose who we encounter in Hotels around the world, we must just be happy, smile and you will get one back, that is what we do. The cost of our holiday was reasonable, getting value for money is our
main aim,and we certainly did at The Park,we will be back again next year kowing it will be even better.

Room Tip: I can't really say about a good room because everyone can't have a sea view /quiet /sunny ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank arryo
Dear Guests,

We have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Hotel and thank you most sincerely for your kind comments.

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and do send me an email on generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt in order to assist with the required needs.

Thank you once again.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have been coming here since October 2001, but this will probably be our last stay at The Park. Only 4 items for a cooked breakfast, lounge bar closed, grumpy staff, expensive pool bar, no parasols & worn out loungers poolside. Noisy first two nights, kids staggering in at 3:30 am
This is no way 4star anymore.
VERY dissappointed.

4 Thank John H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Tripadvisor community and booking sites reviews and comments have generally meant we have chosen well with hotels. However, I am not sure how this one slipped through the cracks.

The good - location not bad I guess and staff are really helpful.
The bad - out of date rooms and common areas. Looks clean but feels dirty.
The ugly - finding a pill on the floor amongst other things on our first day. Flying bugs in the room and the view of another hotel/residential block when we step out on our balcony.

We stayed on the fourth floor room 601. I ordered a double room an ended up with a suite equipped with a kitchenette and lounge area. As I said you win some and you lose some and this was the one we lost on this time. Pity the rooms don't look like the photos on the website. We paid about £47 a night (about 58 euros) and hey it might have been a case of you get what you pay for......

3 Thank Susan S
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guests,

We have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Hotel and we are very sorry that we did not reach your expectations.

I have also discussed your comments with our Housekeeper for her to take immediate action for not having such incidents in the future.

My team strive to do their best to offer a unique experience to our guests and it is regretted to hear that the complimentary upgrade to suite was not appreciated. Upgrades to suites are at a supplementary charge of EUR 45.00 per night.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Should you be returning to our hotel, please email me on generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt

Lancs
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had originally booked another hotel in Sliema but changed hotels after reading adverse reviews on this site. We are still not sure whether we did the right thing or not.
First impressions were very good. Check in was efficient if cool, and we were delighted with the room.It had everything one could need (kettle, tea, coffee etc. plus toiletries and plenty of hanging space and drawers.) It had a small balcony overlooking the front of the hotel, but in spite of our misgivings, it was very quiet and we both slept very well in the comfortable beds.

Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel left a lot to be desired. The lounge-bar was closed so there was nowhere to sit and socialise in an evening.We resorted, after a while, to going to a nearby hotel and enjoying the entertainment they provided. The "bar" consisted of 2 or 3 tables in front of the bar at the restaurant entrance and as far as we could see the "coffee shop" was non-existent. One lunch time we ventured into the restaurant to see if we could have a snack and the young man behind the bar had to go and ask someone if they could do food. To be fair, they did provide us with an omelette each but we had the impression that it was not a usual service.

The food was mediocre to say the least. Breakfast was not too bad, although the eggs were always hard and mainly cold, but dinner times were a big disappointment. The salads were good , but the main course , which usually consisted of pasta, fish and chicken or pork, was not at all acceptable. The potatoes were always half roasted, cold and hard, and the veg were swimming in water. The desserts consisted of 2 or 3 gateaux and tinned fruit. In fact, fresh fruit was rarely offered apart from a basket of apples and oranges....and when I took an orange it was rotten!

The chef served the main course by spooning it onto the plates.....just like school dinners! We heard that the chef we had read so much about on this site had recently left. What a pity!

The other guests consisted of a few couples like ourselves, a large tour group from France and a host of students from Scotland, N.Ireland and S. England doing work placement in subjects such as Nursing, Child Care, Sport and Fitness and Construction. They were perfectly pleasant and (I think) well behaved young people , but this is not what one expects to find in a holiday hotel, and that may account for the atmosphere.

The restaurant staff were efficient, but that is all I can say...no conviviality or friendliness. Likewise the reception staff...in fact, one or two were distinctly frosty! The hotel was definitely lacking the certain something that makes one want to return. And this we heard from several people who had been before.

It's sad, but for once we weren't sorry to be leaving our holiday hotel to return home...and no one wished us goodbye either!!

1 Thank patmaggie
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us.

Having read your review, it is important to mention that our Lobby Bar / Coffee Shop is the same outlet offering service to guests having dinner and as well enjoying an afternoon coffee or tea. It is recorded that our Barman wanted to make sure that we can also serve the snack menu whilst a buffet lunch was been served. Snacks are are available every day from 11:00 hours to 18:00 hours which is clearly indicated on the menu.

Our Lounge Bar is now also open every evening.

We are very much sorry that the main course offered during dinner was not to your satisfaction, and certainly your response is noted for us to improve. It is within our standards that all main courses are served by our chefs and not on a help yourself service. This is done to increase to guest experience during dinner.

Certainly, our hotel will keep on investing in our staff by training them on the job to meet the guest needs and requests during stay.

We value your comments and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your staying with us and to give us another opportunity to show you that we can make it better.