“Avoid !!! its a Dump!!!!”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Sliema
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Avoid this hotel if you have any sense what so ever.

Its a total dump of a place.

The bedding is filthy and the mattress on the bed looked like it had given up on life! This is from view only and sitting on it once.

The Air Con does not work and the electric plug sockets in the rooms are useless.

The bathrooms are horrendous! They don't have any extractor fans in them, so when you stand in the bath to have a shower - with a pull along curtain full of mold and mildew the steam builds up and you cannot breath!!

The door handle to the rooms are really old and have a key, they charge you at reception to look after it if you need them to!

They charge you a 20 EURO deposit just to use the safe, 5 Euros per day so you can use the internet and it does not even work in the rooms. I was going to stay here whilst I looked for property in Sliema.

I checked in at 12.30pm and checked out after a heated row in reception at 5pm.

The Woman Manager is rude and petulant, threw my safe deposit at me over the reception counter.

The place is full of kids running around on school trips, the place is filthy and the lifts don't work!!

Its a dive of a place and I would spend my hard earned money staying somewhere completely different!!

Trust me they will give you your money back - they refused at first with me until my husband kicked up a fuss in reception and told them all their incoming guests would be told about the four rooms they tried to palm off to us are all as bad as one another. The place needs fumigating or to be honest shut down!!

1  Thank JosieHart123
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for bring this matter to our attention.

Definitely guest feedback is valuable to us and help us to improve. I can read that our services were not appreciated even though we offered the room on check in well before booking time.

The services mentioned are for sure not our operating standards and I invite to send me direct communication so the matter is investigated further.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The breakfast buffet is decent, the eggs are questionable. Apart from that, fresh fruits, bread and coffee are served daily. Shame about the chargable wifi in the rooms, but free wifi in the lobby. The receptionists, cleaners and kitchen staff were very friendly though.
The rooms are decent, seemed like they were cleaned daily and the same with the towels.

In total it is perfect for those on a budget, but you get what you pay for...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I am happy to read that you found our rooms to be decent and clean whilst complimenting our team members.

Please rest assured to all items used for our breakfast are fresh produced locally bought.

Once again, I would like to thank you for booking us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came back on the 25/7 after spending 9 days in this hotel. We had fresh towels, and the room was serviced very well every day. The room was very nice, plenty of hot water, and a comfortable bed to sleep in, clean top sheet everyday. A/C worked well.

The breakfast and the choices was brilliant, we had a couple of evening meals here too, which was better value than the restaurants in Sliema, and plenty of choice again. But I wish the waiters and waitress's had their names displayed, making it easier to talk.

I have a week booked in September in another hotel in Malta, but I wish I was going back to the Park Hotel.

Cigarette smoke, from the rooms on the corridors wasn't very nice, first thing in a morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay.

The comments stated are very positive especially towards our team members service, breakfast quality, the dinners served in the evening and the comfort of our rooms.

I trust that you will come to see us again in September during your stay in Malta.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for seven days,this month (July).It was not worth the four stars that it was given,The negatives no form of entertainment,breakfast was very uninteresting, the view was ok if you like 20th century plaster work,which was 6 feet from my balcony.and the backs off apartment
building.I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Stephen R

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you booking with us.

Our hotel is located in an urban area surrounded with private residential houses that we have no say on their structures and upkeep.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

josie hart123 you must have been in a diffrent hotel we got clean towels at least twice all you had to do is ask the bedding was lovely rita rooms manager i had a small problem she sorted it out and kept in touch to make sure all was well all the staff are lovely friendly what do you expect air con is a fan that what my problem was it was checked all okay nothing wrong with the electrics bathrooms very clean done every day we will be going back to this hotel try going back and go to reception with your concerns THEY WILL BE SEEN TO the manager and rita keep a check every thing in the hotel to make sure all is well in the hotel the only problem we had we put on weight with all the food

Room Tip: room 604 side sea room
1  Thank alan b

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Park Hotel for your stay in July 2014.

We are very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the services offered in the hotel were to your expectations. I thank you for the comments about our team members, the evening buffet and Rita in particular who is our Front Office Manager.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in future and please do drop me a line should you wish to plan another visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just arrived back from a week at the Park Hotel. Fresh towels daily, free toiletries which is great when you only take a cabin bag, clean, friendly, good selection at breakfast. The pool bar was excellent, Jean went out of his way to serve us what we wanted and made excellent 'illusion' cocktails and chicken salads and Alex in the bar was also excellent. Staff were very professional and willing to help so thanks to the man at reception who added a personal wakeup call at 3am on Thursday for our pick up to the airport along with the automated alarm, having only gone to bed at 12 !! Would stay here again. It's the 3rd holiday to Malta and this hotel is in a great position to walk every where and no noise to keep you awake at night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Park Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and that you found our Hotel to your expectation and the staff very helpful and professional.

I am also glad that you liked the services offered at our reception, and bar services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I returned last week from a lovely weeks stay at the Park Hotel.
Yes, there have been problems in the past - but this is a rapidly improving hotel with new management who are changing things rapidly. How many General Managers read and reply to every review? This one does - and he acts upon every point.
The hotel location is perfect for everything and everywhere. All staff are friendly and helpful.
The dining room and service is excellent, good value too.
My room had been completely refurbished and was cleaned well. All others are being upgraded at a fast rate. Unfortunately, I was on the same floor as foreign language students but learned too late I would have been moved if requested. However, students are in many Malta hotels.
The Jewel in the Crown at this hotel is that the downstairs and top floor bars are now in full operation, under the care and control of a very professional Jean. So, when using the pool you can obtain drinks and snacks in nice surroundings served by friendly Alex or Jean. The downstairs bar will stay open until everyone has left.
I am impressed with this great hotel and staff. I enjoyed my stay so much I will try and book another visit for September. Great value.

Room Tip: Floor 2, rooms 200 range are usually where they put foreign language students, Request high room, f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Fikilela

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience on Tripadvisor.

The comments noted are very much to the satisfaction of our team who do their best every day to meet the guest expectation and eventually exceed them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future. Please e-mail me the details should you visit us again on generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt

Many Thanks,