1,345 results
All reviews serviced daily buffet breakfast tea and coffee bars and restaurants bus stop buses seafront gozo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Where to start with the Park Hotel? I recently spent a week there on a family holiday, expecting to be in a one-bed apartment with four single beds for four people - as that was what had been promised; instead we had a double…and 3 sofa-beds! We brought this to the staff’s attention, but the aptly-named Fanny did nothing to help us, did not show the slightest bit of interest, and instead just stared at us with a ‘what-do-you-expect-me-to-do’ look on her face.

So we had to take the room, two of us getting the bed; the other two slept on hard sofa-beds.

Entering the room, we had to stand in the dark for about 5 minutes till we wiggled the key in some slot to get the lights to come on; one socket in the room was with British-style 3 holes, and the other (which was dodgy) with two; every time we opened a cupboard door, the fridge would open, and imagine my annoyance when I opened the fridge door – melting and parched – to get a can of juice…only to find it frozen solid! Stuff either melted with the fridge door opening, or froze in it! The AC rattled when we turned it up, so we could either leave the windows open and let mosquitoes devour us, or try to sleep with a din over our heads.

We were also assured that we had ‘the biggest balcony’ with a sea view…Instead we got something two people could barely stand on – about 1 foot wide – with a view of a building site across the street! The sea would've perhaps been visible if we’d been a family of giraffes! Bunch of lies to get guests to stay, and then abandon them once they've taken their money.

No WiFi in the rooms is most inconvenient, so you can either pay (which we did not), or sit and freeze with the AC at reception.

The staff we came into contact with were on the whole humourless, sour-faced, uninterested and unhelpful. On asking how to get to the fishing village of Marsaxlokk, for example, which was practically on the other side of the island, I was given the smart-alec answer of getting a bus, paying to rent a car…or walking. Very helpful. As for asking to borrow a second room key to let ourselves in (as our member with the key was out), we may as well asked to have borrowed a kidney with the fuss that was made, and – just to make sure we gave it back – a member of staff peremptorily barged up to our room to get it back within five minutes. Domestic dictator.

I ate once at the hotel, and that was enough: the inept waitress came back three times to ask if 1) it was ice-tea I wanted, 2) it was lemon or peach (‘peach’), and 3) it was lemon or peach again! Having gotten the drink, I – starving – eagerly awaited my meal, which I had barely tucked into when I discovered an insect in it!! Needless to say, that ruined my appetite and that of those at my table.

The location next to the waterfront and bus-stops was good, and we had a lovely chambermaid who was most helpful, but that’s about all I can say about the place in its favour.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Albannach1
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just spent a week there and hated every minute.Firstly we were assured we had a twin room but it was actually a double and since we were travelling as a family of grown ups sharing a double bed was not an option but the owner did not even try to help in fact she didn't give a hoot,her like it or lump it attitude was on show throughout the week so we gave up asking for assistance.
The rooms are dilapidated,only two electricity sockets,one of which would not work,I couldn't,t use the toaster because of this so when I enquired about this the receptionist said that there is a socket in the bathroom and I could make the toast in there!!!
The beds were so uncomfortable,felt as though you were lying on the stone floor,torture.
Plus we did not enjoy the restaurant food,considering the price they charge you it's not good value and when we found an insect in the meal that was it.I don,t agree with their charging policies I.E. advertising the drink prices on the menu then without giving you the choice doubling or tripling up your drinks then charging you two or three times more than the menu price.
Don,t believe them if they say you have a sea view room as there aren,t any and you can,t swing a mouse on the balcony.
Also dangerous walking into the hotel as people were throwing things from the balcony,got a ball bounced off of my head one night and soaked on another.
All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as the attitudes of the two women on the front desk is appalling.They need to go to do a training course in customer care and get a personality bypass.
I don,t know how this hotel has a four star rating,more like a one if you ask me.

Room Tip: I don,t think there are any good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ladypotter
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that the accommodation offered was not to your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Our buffet dinner cost € 13.00 per person, a value for money offering a selection of salads, homemade soup, fresh pasta every day, three choices as a mains and cakes. The drinks prices are also set in our point of sale system and could not be charged or altered in any way by the Bar staff.

It is to my surprise to read the comment towards my Guest Service Management staff as they make sure to meet the guest expectations and offer an apology if we could not service at the instant as like other previous guests positively commented about their services.

I trust that the experience this time will not deter from visiting us in the future and to give us the opportunity to show that we can make it better.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had just over 1 week in Park Hotel and had a great time.

The hotel is not 4 stars and is in need of some refurbishment although it looks like it is getting some work done.

On the negative side, the breakfast is pretty poor, lifts are small and not much of a view from the room. We were also missing a balcony.

The positives far outweigh this though. The hotel is quiet but only 1 minute walk from the sea front. The reception area is nice, it has a decent gym and an indoor pool which would be spectacular with a little bit of care.

The roof top pool is superb and has a great bar which is excellently managed by Jan. Great range of drinks and great burgers and steaks. Jan also runs the main bar with assistance from Alex and the service is excellent.Jan was happy to order in the rums of our choice and introduced us to Berry Cish lager. (Not sure about my spelling) Also gave us some tips on things to do like the excellent Maltese wine festival in Valetta. Finally the housekeeping staff were very friendly and keen to help.

All in all a good stay and I would certainly go back!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kevin S

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your holiday experience at the Park Hotel.

It is appreciated to hear that you enjoyed our Lobby decor, fitness room, indoor pool including the food and beverage service offered by our team.

Many thanks for the comments received towards customer services in particular to our Housekeeping department and looking forward to host back in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Park hotel istnt bad but we had very bad quality apartment. I wasnt happy when i saw my room. No balcony/ view was terrible too. Hotel lobby was nice and swimming pool was ob the roof which makes it cool

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guests,

I thank you for sharing your travelling experience whilst at the Park Hotel.

It is indeed our pleasure to read that you found our team members to be kind and helpful.

Once again, I thank you and should you wish to return back to our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me on generalmanager@parkhotel.com.mt

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A nice hotel close to the sea, many restaurants and not far from the Capital. The personal is very kind and helpful to you. The breakfast is fine. The hotel is also close to several bus stops, from where you can go with public busses or sightseeing tours.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maj Hjerrild J
AldoParkHotel, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Hotel.

It is indeed my pleasure to read that the breakfast offered and our team members were to your satisfaction. Our aim is to be consistent and eventually improve our service delivery.

Should you plan to return back to Malta, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than pleased to assist you with the booking requirements.