“Reasonable standby”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We ate at La Pappa three times in a fortnight, the first on our first evening (Sat) when it was bustling and we had the best experience. The caprese starter is particularly good. The pasta is also good and reasonably priced. Service is also good. This restaurant is really more than average but we ate at some even better places in Sliema so sufffers by comparison. That said, if you want an inexpensive and tasty meal this is fine. Don't bother with the grills as they look overpriced and you can do better elsewhere.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Visited La Pappa yesterday great ambiance and atmosphere and great food I had tortellini as a starter and they were very good and as a main course I had the ribs which were perfectly cooked.
I highly recommend this restaurant and parking is no problem because you park in the sliema car park for free.

10/10 keep it up.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Wife and I ate here at lunch time. Its opposite the bay and has a good view of the seafront. I had octopus in garlic starter and spaghetti vongole, both were excellent, wife had risotto al mare, again very good. we were served by a young lad, who appeared to be about 15 yrs old, who was very professional and would put waiters in more expensive London restaurant to shame, with his customer care and friendliness.
A very enjoyable lunch. 35.35 including wine and coffees.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I ate a late dinner there - it's located near Sliema centre, just by the sea and the restaurant is open until late hours. The Maltese pizza was quite good, but a bit strange and lacked something to make is special and in my opinion not worth trying again. I found so many good restaurants nearby that I did not return, although I don't have anything against this one.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Last night we dined at La Pappa after finding it on trip advisor. We had a lovely meal and the portions were more than enough for us. The menu had a good choice and service was excellent and would definitely recommend to anyone to go. We had a meal the first night by the ferries and were disappointed but this is the kind of meal we would expect as restaurant quality.