Corner Hostel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewswell equipped kitchenprivate bathroomcommon areascommon roomowner jamesbed female dormfree tea and coffeegreat kitchenthe busparty areabed roomwalking distancequiet areathe location is perfectexplore maltathe wi fiother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I went to Malta for a couple of weeks and a friend of mine recommended Corner hostel. It’s the first time I’ve never stayed in a hostel and I can just say that Corner made a really good first impression.

The hostel has a calm atmosphere and I really appreciated how nice and clean everything was (both bathrooms and beds!). James and his staff are very kind and helpful. For example, there was a time when I lost my wallet and they immediately helped me to get it back.

The location is perfect between party areas, (like 12 minutes walk), the waterfront (1 minute) shopping, plus the ferries over to Valletta.

I also stayed in a hotel for a week when I was there and then returned to Corner. The hotel was probably twice the price (without breakfast!), in a bad condition and in the same area as Corner hostel. So next time when I visit Malta I’ll definetly stay at Corner again.

Thanks, I’ll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linn O
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my 2nd time to stay in Malta and Corner hostel as well :)
Though 2 years have passed, Unforgettable nice staffs and cozy bed rooms.
I was surprised actually .... here is still VERY CLEAN and comfortable.
I would like to give all staffs ( especially cleaner lady! ) a big round of applause!!

In many more favourite points for me..
- Clean and large dining kitchen
- large locker one by one
- the view of windows ( vegetable / fruits selling van come to close usually )
- Good location: easy to access from the airpot, going to the beach, Valletta, and St.Julian
- and.... "the floor" designed by maltese tiles :D

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

It has good location in a central place close San Julian and The others places, near the seafront of Sliema, It's clean and the staff are polite! I can advise it for a short vacation in Malta!
The rooms for four with a share bathroom are a bit small
but there are private rooms!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I dont even know where to start from.This is a first time after 10 years I've decised to give a chance to a hostel experience when before stayed at the hotels only. The owner James and his team are trying to create a cozy family atmosphere there when every person are treated like a friend and/or a family member. The hostel is very clean itself and you can find everything what you need in kitchen. Actually there many interesting things which happens in this kitchen ;) People meet from different countries and become friends which makes this place very unique cause you spend time with your new friends when enjoying a glass of wine in the evening. The location is also very great - close to everywhere in the island and Paceville is 15 minutes walking. On the other side there is a nice Black Gold bar which you can reach in 12min by foot. And stuff are more than happy to answer all your questions. Thank you guys for making our holidays the perfect ones!

Best wishes from Lithuania!

Simona & Oksana

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I'm not a fan of hostel or basic lodging, but I've got to admit that James and his team have a good thing going here. Stayed in room 12, basic room with own bathroom and even a small seaview if you look out the window the right way ;) Seriously, this is more than a hostel. Quiet, central, very accessible location. They will help you with special requests and provide info on the country if asked. Good job team!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends