The Plaza & Plaza Regency Hotels
US$221
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,446 results
All reviewscara's cafesea viewrooftop barself cateringthe busst julianscleaned every daythe penthouseindoor poolspinola baymain roadboth directionssuperior roomevening entertainmentbeanshop on hoptea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed several times in this hotel and each time have stayed in a different standard of room. This time, although I booked a room in the Galaxy side, I was given a self catering room in the Plaza side. This gave me coffee making facilities as well as a patio area, though this would have been more useful in warmer weather! I find it difficult trying to think of any criticism of the hotel as I find it a very good 3 star establishment.
I stayed half board. The breakfast had all the elements one could desire while the buffet dinner was variable in quality though there was always a good selection. The room was serviced every day and kept immaculately clean with the towels changed regularly. I didn't use any of the other facilities so can make no comment except to say that I found Reception helpful and friendly at all times despite some rather rude older people.
With the withdrawal of the bendybuses the 12, 13 and X2 routes are very crowded and it can take some time to get a bus into Valletta. The cafe in Independence Park is now also a restaurant and a very attractive place to chill out.
The Galaxy reception is not open as part of the hotel is being refurbished though some of the rooms appear to be occupied.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kendoon
Reviewed 12 March 2014

went with Thomas Cook holidays for a week, room a good size with comfortable beds,but shabby and the bathroom was very tired and grubby,it was a basic room which meant everything was extra,ie; safe,kettle all cost more,we were half board and they wouldn't let you have a glass of tap water with your meal,you had to buy a bottle. the food was plentiful but basic.the worst part was going with Thomas Cook who even had time share sellers at their welcome meeting! pretending to be reps,very bad form I thought.This had the effect of making the start of our break a bad experience and made us wary of all their holiday reps.plus wasting most of our first day going on a so called outing that was really a hard sell time share.so beware.

Room Tip: upgrade,the basic rooms are just that.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank patricia p
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We`ve just returned after a 3week stay here and would use the hotel again. It doesn`t pretend to be anything other than what it is. The rooms were spacious, housekeeping kept them very clean, fresh towels each day & the beds surprisingly comfy. We had sea view rooms at the front of the hotel, and though on the road , the traffic noise was very minimal & the curtains thick enough to block out the street lights.The only problem encountered was with the keycard entry system to one of our rooms - which endured. We found the food was surprisingly good. We stayed on half board basis and thoroughly enjoyed the selection of dishes & the quality was very good. It would have been nice to have had prunes & grapefruit added to the breakfast selection, but we more than coped without it. The waiting staff are very friendly and smiling. Reception staff are also in the main very helpful and will do all they can to make sure you have a good stay at the hotel and on the islands. We used the indoor pool & Jacuzzi and enjoyed the sun loungers on the roof terrace. We treated ourselves to superior rooms , for which you receive a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities in the room, and for our 3week stay it was worth doing so. We shall return.

Room Tip: 232 if you like a bath, 233 only has a shower. they are both superior seaview rooms with good views of the promenaders and and across the bay to st.julian`s
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stephen h
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just returned back after staying for the second time at the Plaza. It is a good location, staff very friendly and welcoming. My room was comfortable and always thoroughly cleaned daily. Although I had no sea view as at the back of the hotel, it did mean that it was quiet. The restaurant has beautiful views over the bay and the food plentiful and varied. For a 3 star hotel, it offers excellent value for money. My only criticism is the need to purchase tokens to use the WIFI. I will definitely be returning again next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank 605Tricia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was expecting an outdated hotel, unfriendly staff and bad facilities for what I had paid. But what I was given was a lovely italian style hotel facing st juliana's bay, nice staff, clean facilities, a lovely restaurant and a comfortable hotel room.
The room was of adequate size with nice furnishings, colour and design. The tv was flat panel and not a tiny old tv found in many spanish hotels and the rooms are card entry. Overall the room was decent with no complaints other than a fridge would have been nice.
Breakfast was good with a large selection (mix of english and continental) with lovely views from the top floor. And There are 2 working lifts within the hotel.

The only complaint is the wifi which is expensive and not free.

Other than that I found this hotel to be charming in and out in a great location of sliema.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo