All reviewsside streetthe bussmall fridgecleaned every dayquiet streetfew minutes walkbeanscold meatshalf boardyogurtlidocharlesmaltaferriespromenadehairdryerchannels
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I just spent 3 nights at Hotel Plevna in early July. Overall the Hotel and rooms are quite dated but it is very clean and the staff are very friendly and smiley. For the money we paid I wasn't expecting too much and think I would have been disappointed if I had been paying a high rate to stay here. Had a few problems, shower didn't work one day and water from the bathroom above started to drip into my bathroom - but when reporting to the staff someone quickly came to look and sort out the problem. My room was located above the reception so did experience some noise, mainly as there was a large group of young 20 somethings in the Hotel who had very loud voices... If you are looking for somewhere cheap, in a great location, for a few nights than it is probably a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chezzabear
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We spent a week at the hotel. Leaving on the 14th June. I have to say the first room was absolutely awful but was relocated. This was our second visit and we chose all-inclusive. As in my previous review the hotel is tired, but may I say the staff is brilliant.... we found that the food was very good and better than last year. I cannot understand the differences people pay for their accommodation but I would suggest again that people google rather than pay the extortionate prices I was told had been paid by other guests to travel agents. If you want cheap hotel... good food, poor bar, good nights sleep (yes I was located right next to a lift) and we had no problem, good location for transport, beach club a couple of minutes walk, excellent staff.
We had a great holiday, excellent value for money for what we paid but totally understand why people get disgruntled, but I think it is the fault of the greedy travel agents and not the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank crisken61
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Spent over a week in this hotel. Not my first visit but probably the last. Booked months in advance and specifically asked for a room away from any lifts. Was given a room right opposite a lift. Sleepless nights followed as guests gathered waiting for the lift to arrive and talked loudly well into the early hours of the morning. Obviously any comments made during the booking process are completely ignored.

Here's what I can say about the Plevna. If you're not bothered by noise and don't expect a really good breakfast then the hotel is fine, especially its location. But if you expect a good night's sleep and all windows to close properly then look elsewhere. What really is annoying is that some rooms seem to have been refurbished but the quality of the work is appalling. Our bathroom window would not close and opening it could have resulted in the window falling to the floor possibly causing physical injuries. The metal rings which make curtains slide on the rail came off making it hard to open and close them.

Any person who is sensitive about removing their cap in public should not enter the restaurant because you will be asked to remove it.

Good luck to whoever stays at the Plevna.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the lifts. Check pillow cases for cleanliness. Check that the bedsheets are regularly changed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laserman123
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Had been in Sliema on the island of Malta and always come back to this nice Hotel. Good location ...good breakfast and nice staff. You are very welcome to this Hotel. There are a very nice roof-terrace there you can sit in the middle of november and take a sun-bath.

Room Tip: Room higher up in the building have less noice from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mona B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

It's easy to see why this place has some very differing reviews, it really does depend on what your expectations are, if you have managed to get a decent deal for a fairly cheap week in what you know to be a 3 star hotel you won't be disappointed, but if you have paid over the odds with one of the major tour operators I can see why you may not be so happy. There are plenty of minor niggles and lots of good stuff to balance each other out, we found the food to be pretty good in general, the seafront bar and pool is really close, the location is good too for links to bus routes and ferries. The staff are really friendly and eager to please, but they do all seem to be struggling to survive in a building that would definitely benefit from better maintenance. I'm sure this place will gradually get even better if they act on the feedback they are getting!!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple