The other reviewers are too kind. Certainly the staff are very helpful and its a good location with fine views, but that doesn’t make a four star hotel. Road noise in our fourth floor room was so bad we had to move to the seventh. The windows are single-glazed and don’t fit properly – evidenced by water that drips in when it rains and blows. The bathroom is tired. Then there are greedy rates for internet access - c’mon: there’s no excuse for charging for WiFi in 2011. As for the food, well you won’t go hungry, but if you can afford to eat elsewhere you will. It's school food. Breakfast has all the standard signs of a bad hotel: scrambled egg that would be better employed as safety matting in a children's playground, a conveyor-belt toaster that underdoes first time through and then burns your toast on its second passing, horrid tea and coffee from a multi-drinks machine you have to queue up for, and a chronic shortage of teaspoons. All ingredients - beans, bacon, sausages, cheese, fruit juice - are cheap. Supper is no better. How can you over-salt pasta? Ask the chef at the Waterfront.
And lastly, it's one of those hotels that insults its guests by equipping wardrobes with anti-theft coat hangers.
Waterfront - you employ good people and are in a great location but your infrastructure is aging and you haven't caught up with what we expect today from a four-star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a leading 4 star hotel in Malta. Situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, the hotel is placed within walking distance from public transport and other services including bars and restaurants, several shopping outlets, The Plaza Shopping Centre and the Sliema Ferries. With stunning views of the Sliema creek, Manoel Island and the unmistakable silhouette of the capital city Valletta, The Waterfront hotel is the perfect choice for discerning travelers seeking comfort in exquisite surroundings. All of the 165 Hotel rooms and Suites are maintained to a very high standard and feature a balcony and an en suite or open plan bathroom. Rooms are also equipped with various amenities including private bathroom, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. Complimentary WiFi is available in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront hotel is also a popular venue for quality events and meetings in Malta. Our hotel is a perfect option for those getting married in Malta or are spending their honeymoon in Malta. The Waterfront Hotel offers dining options such as a buffet breakfast and dinner at the Regatta Restaurant or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Indoor Pool will also be undergoing extensive renovation works, and in view of the upcoming development of our Lido we shall offer complimentary transport and access to a neighboring Lido to ensure that our guests find the facilities they expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema