My husband & I have just returned from a 1 week stay at this hotel where we found our accomidation quite comfortable. Our room, 414, was a twin & looked out onto the harbor. An additional supplement was charged for this. The view was wonderful, Valletta across the water. The hotel sits on a main road & as such the noise can be a bit heavy at times. While I feel that this could deter someone who was looking to sit out on the balcony a great deal of the time, it did not bother us. We were too busy going out & about exploring new places. The windows are insulated enough to prevent the sound from disturbing you when they are shut. If you have any concerns then simply do not go for a room with a view. Other rooms are equally comfortable.
Some one mentioned trouble with the air conditioning, we had no problem with this. It would appear that the hotel is energy conscious. We discovered that upon entering the room with your 'scan card key' . . . you must then insert it in a slot just inside the room. This will then allow you to use electrical plugs, turn on lights and switch on the air conditioning. While this initially took us by surprise I can see the value in preventing people from turning on the aircon full blast all day long when the room is unoccupied. I question whether the person who made a previous comment was aware of this.
We found the location of the hotel to be ideal for catching the local ferry & bus services. The departure point for all of the boat day trips are within a 5 min. walk. The hotel is also a good base for exploring the local shopping area. Finding food is not a problem. There are many little cafes & restaurants just waiting to be discovered. I can highly recommend a small family run place called - il' Merrill. The place deserves a far higher rating than no. 33 as currently listed on TA. So much food for a good price. We visited there three times and yet to completely clean my plate.
Breakfast served at the hotel is nothing to write home about but as it came with our accomidation it was ok. The view across the water while sipping your O.J makes for a great start to the day. Bar prices were quite reasonable too. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, we found it to be a clean & comfortable place to base ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a leading 4 star hotel in Malta. Situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, the hotel is placed within walking distance from public transport and other services including bars and restaurants, several shopping outlets, The Plaza Shopping Centre and the Sliema Ferries. With stunning views of the Sliema creek, Manoel Island and the unmistakable silhouette of the capital city Valletta, The Waterfront hotel is the perfect choice for discerning travelers seeking comfort in exquisite surroundings. All of the 165 Hotel rooms and Suites are maintained to a very high standard and feature a balcony and an en suite or open plan bathroom. Rooms are also equipped with various amenities including private bathroom, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. Complimentary WiFi is available in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront hotel is also a popular venue for quality events and meetings in Malta. Our hotel is a perfect option for those getting married in Malta or are spending their honeymoon in Malta. The Waterfront Hotel offers dining options such as a buffet breakfast and dinner at the Regatta Restaurant or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Indoor Pool will also be undergoing extensive renovation works, and in view of the upcoming development of our Lido we shall offer complimentary transport and access to a neighboring Lido to ensure that our guests find the facilities they expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema