A week's visit in November was our third Thomson holiday package. We opted for the half board offering and with the benefit of hindsight, would have been better satisfied with just bed and breakfast, but even the breakfast left much to be desired.
A freshly fried breakfast egg was difficult to come by. Those on offer were vulcanised by being kept warm for too long. Dinner was not something to look forward to. The food presented looked good, but did not live up to its promise. Cheap cuts of meat badly cooked and vegetables that were more than disappointing. Decent ice cream was available, so we at least could count on an acceptable desert. There seemed to be no-one in overall charge of the dining room, which otherwise let down a fairly decent hotel.
This time, we were wise enough to take our travel kettle and supplies of tea and coffee, so were not held to ransom on that front.
The mini bar in the room was interesting. No price list and a threat of confiscation of anything that you might be tempted to put in it. There was also a bottle of wine on the surface above the mini bar. Were you being tempted into some sort of expensive ambush if you opened it? No explanation was given, neither was there a corkscrew if you tried to open it.
I had read negative comments like mine before travelling, but suspected that these were made by people who complain about everything. Their comments were valid!
Our room was on the inside, so it was quiet and had an outlook into an attractively laid out atrium courtyard.
The location was fine. Ideal for buses and the ferry to Valleta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a prime location along the Sliema seafront promenade, this new hotel has been developed to the highest standards of comfort and hygiene. Its location provides spectacular views of the Valletta harbour. This 4-star 116-roomed property features two restaurants, a lobby bar, a roof-top swimming pool with snack bar and a guest lounge. Each of the rooms is excellently finished, and features a balcony, an en suite bathroom, mini-bar, guest safe and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema