Stayed over Xmas - our room was spacious and had a good side view of the harbour - front facing rooms are best and they get the winter sunshine. The hotel is clean and bright, in a good location, has a pleasant bar and coffee shop area on the ground floor. Easy walk to ferries and public transport. We paid GBP 650, which included all flight costs and B&B for 7 nights. I would consider this to be good value for money. Now for the problems - and this are easily correctable - but really do make a big difference.
Firstly the rooms, and bathrooms, need a little TLC, not a refurbish, just some attention to detail. Silicon sealant in the bathroom has started to discolour, the shower in the bath is a bit Heath Robinson etc.
but the biggest area for concern is the food - well I can only comment on the breakfast as we would never have lunch of dinner here until they sort out breakfast !
breakfast needs a rethink - from the quality and range of the food on offer and its preparation to the service supplied by what appears to be a willing group of employees who lack guidance and training.
At best our breakfast experience throughout was adequate ( if u helped yourself to crockery and cutlery etc ) and at worst Fawlty Towers sprung to mind.
The Chef had problems with the most basic of tasks, a fried egg that was not solid, appeared beyond him on many mornings - the scrambled eggs, I am sure had never been 'eggs' throughout their short existence, but rather some industrial powder jolted back to life by adding water !
It is such a shame that this very pleasant hotel, with many plus features, is let down so badly by the food and the service in the breakfast room - someone needs to sort it out !
4 star ? - not at the moment - not even close !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a leading 4 star hotel in Malta. Situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, the hotel is placed within walking distance from public transport and other services including bars and restaurants, several shopping outlets, The Plaza Shopping Centre and the Sliema Ferries. With stunning views of the Sliema creek, Manoel Island and the unmistakable silhouette of the capital city Valletta, The Waterfront hotel is the perfect choice for discerning travelers seeking comfort in exquisite surroundings. All of the 165 Hotel rooms and Suites are maintained to a very high standard and feature a balcony and an en suite or open plan bathroom. Rooms are also equipped with various amenities including private bathroom, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. Complimentary WiFi is available in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront hotel is also a popular venue for quality events and meetings in Malta. Our hotel is a perfect option for those getting married in Malta or are spending their honeymoon in Malta. The Waterfront Hotel offers dining options such as a buffet breakfast and dinner at the Regatta Restaurant or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Indoor Pool will also be undergoing extensive renovation works, and in view of the upcoming development of our Lido we shall offer complimentary transport and access to a neighboring Lido to ensure that our guests find the facilities they expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema