I was lucky to get a double-bed-room as a single, so I had plenty of space. But also for a couple my room at the 7th floor (No 713) would have been big enough. Very nice furniture and much space for all the clothes and other thing. The little fridge was also very helpfull, as I could put in my own drinks besides the filling from the hotel. Very nice bathroom with clean towels every day. It is equiped with a hairdryer, an integrated Kleenex-box, a big mirror over the whole wall and round the basin plenty of space to put all the neccessary toiletries. Only the TV should be changed in a flatscreen soon, as this one has been very old and the quality of picture and sound sometimes was rather bad! The aircondition is in winter like a heating and in the evenings ist has always been nice and warm! Although the hotel is situated on the mainroad with plenty of traffic, especially during the rushours, you nearly can't hear any noice, if you keep the windows closed. And you can darken the room with very thick curtains, which means you sleep like a baby!
On the side of the hotel where my room has been, unfortunately the elevator doesn't stop at the first floor, where the restaurant is situated, so you have to go first downstairs to the lobby, then cross it to the other side and go upstairs again with an other lift to the first floor. That's a bit awquard, but at that time of the year (January) there were not so many people and I never had to wait too long to go by the elevators. And crossing the nicely furnitured lobby with many wonderfful foto-pictures on the walls has always been a great pleasure. Breakfast was - for my taste - very good and well sorted. And although I'm German I didn't mind that it was mainly English Breakfast!
Nearly all the staff at the hotel has been very nice and polite. And the whole facility has been very good cleaned.
The best at the end: The view from my balcony!!! Just fantastic!!!! And another good thing is, that the Busstops are very close to the hotel!
All in all ist The Waterfront Hotel a good 4-star-hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a 4 star hotel situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, overlooking Sliema Creek, Manoel Island and the capital city, Valletta. Newly refurbished to a high standards, the hotel is just 150 meters away from the nearest bus stop and within walking distance from several bars, restaurants and shopping outlets in Sliema, The Plaza shopping mall and the Ferries. All rooms are stylishly designed and feature various amenities including, an en suite bathroom and balcony, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. WiFi is available for free in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront Hotel offers various dining options including buffet breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant, or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Waterfront Hotel also features an indoor swimming pool and outdoor lido. The Waterfront Hotel offers the best location, personalized service, and Maltese hospitality at its very best. The Waterfront Hotel provides a relaxed atmosphere to make your stay in Malta a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema