I have just returned from a 5 day break at the Waterfront Hotel and had a wonderful time and could recommend it totally.
I researched comprehensively where to stay as it was my 1st visit to Malta and I wanted to be somewhere where I could do a lot of sight seeing from and it is the perfect place , in my opinion.
I stayed in room 713 - a top floor room with a fantastic view of Valetta. It was large and kept very clean . I would suggest taking your own toiletries , there was soap in a pump but no shampoo, conditioner etc .
I ate and drank in the Star Café and The Brasilico and can recommend them both , the prices were very reasonable and wraps , baked potatoes , salads , pasta and afternoon tea -sandwiches, cakes, scones were delicious. Though the prices of the cans of beer and cider were very expensive compared to the rest of the drinks prices.
I went on Malta Sightseeing hop on/off bus as though more expensive than the red bus Sity Sightseeing bus they went to many more parts and therefore as a 1st time visitor I did see way more - each tour is 3 hours long. Also went to Gozo and did the hop on/off bus tour there . Definitely recommend . The free harbour cruise that came with the tours is great . All the bus stops including the terminus and the ferry to Valetta are a very short walk ie about 5 minutes from the hotel. Local buses so cheap and run on time all over the island - 1.5 euros a day and the same for the ferry crossing to Valetta
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a stay in Malta .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a 4 star hotel situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, overlooking Sliema Creek, Manoel Island and the capital city, Valletta. Newly refurbished to a high standards, the hotel is just 150 meters away from the nearest bus stop and within walking distance from several bars, restaurants and shopping outlets in Sliema, The Plaza shopping mall and the Ferries. All rooms are stylishly designed and feature various amenities including, an en suite bathroom and balcony, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. WiFi is available for free in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront Hotel offers various dining options including buffet breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant, or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Waterfront Hotel also features an indoor swimming pool and outdoor lido. The Waterfront Hotel offers the best location, personalized service, and Maltese hospitality at its very best. The Waterfront Hotel provides a relaxed atmosphere to make your stay in Malta a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema