The hotel is well located on the sea front; the bus across the street takes you in to Valletta where you can then change at a Bombi stop to get to most tourist locations beyond this. The boat cruise tours go from just across the street too. The lounge bar is reasonably priced and does good cocktails. We ate at the basilico restaurant on the ground floor twice, and the food is reasonably priced and good quality. We stayed with breakfast included, and this has a good variety of options (cooked, continental, fruit/yogurt and toast/ cereal). Our room was quite large and any downsides I can think of are minor niggles; the rooftop bar by the pool wasn't open during our trip, the mini bar isn't restocked daily (a cold bottle of water is handy in the heat) and the top sheet was a little threadbare on our first two days, but this was swapped to a fluffy duvet without us mentioning it for the rest of the stay. The staff were nice, I'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a leading 4 star hotel in Malta. Situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, the hotel is placed within walking distance from public transport and other services including bars and restaurants, several shopping outlets, The Plaza Shopping Centre and the Sliema Ferries. With stunning views of the Sliema creek, Manoel Island and the unmistakable silhouette of the capital city Valletta, The Waterfront hotel is the perfect choice for discerning travelers seeking comfort in exquisite surroundings. All of the 165 Hotel rooms and Suites are maintained to a very high standard and feature a balcony and an en suite or open plan bathroom. Rooms are also equipped with various amenities including private bathroom, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. Complimentary WiFi is available in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront hotel is also a popular venue for quality events and meetings in Malta. Our hotel is a perfect option for those getting married in Malta or are spending their honeymoon in Malta. The Waterfront Hotel offers dining options such as a buffet breakfast and dinner at the Regatta Restaurant or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Indoor Pool will also be undergoing extensive renovation works, and in view of the upcoming development of our Lido we shall offer complimentary transport and access to a neighboring Lido to ensure that our guests find the facilities they expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema