Just back from a 7 day stay at the Waterfront. Found the hotel ideal for our needs, we stayed on a half board basis, enjoyed the food on the nights we ate in the hotel, tried my best not to overindulge but like to try new things particularly enjoyed the stuffed cabbage and the fish pie . Found the staff very helpful and friendly especially Eric.
Also enjoyed chatting to Jean Pierre an excellent barman.
We had a sea view room on the fourth floor and didn't find the traffic noise a problem at all, just keep the balcony door shut, the air conditioning keeps the room nice and cool if you do.
The only thing I found mildly irritating was having to use the lift all the time, particularly after a pre dinner drink in the bar then having to take the lift one floor to and from the dining room, particularly when you kindly hold the door open so other people to get in then they insist that you are not getting in when the lift takes 8 people.
I would recommend this hotel, and Malta
We did use the bus to go into Valletta but by the time it gets to the stop near the hotel it is already packed and you have to stand and hang on for grim death. We found the ferry much more comfortable if you are going to Valletta during the day, far quicker than the bus, but slightly more expensive 1.50 one way or 2.80 return but you can get a 7 day ticket for 10euros. There is a steep hill at Valletta but there is a mini bus service that takes you past the worst of the hill for 1 euro and also to the ferry to the three cities, if you want to visit Fort Rinella which is well worth a visit if you have an interest in military history, They have regular displays of drills with sabres and we also saw a display on horseback with lance drills, If you want you can have a go at shooting a rifle & a cannon both of which my husband did. Real living history
We also ate out at Il Merrill on our last night which was excellent .
Tony's Bar is worth a visit, and handy for the ferry, we avoided the busy places close to the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a prime location along the Sliema seafront promenade, this new hotel has been developed to the highest standards of comfort and hygiene. Its location provides spectacular views of the Valletta harbour. This 4-star 116-roomed property features two restaurants, a lobby bar, a roof-top swimming pool with snack bar and a guest lounge. Each of the rooms is excellently finished, and features a balcony, an en suite bathroom, mini-bar, guest safe and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema