Just returned from a week in this hotel on a b&b basis. The hotel was clean, the location good and despite other comments we had read we found the air conditioning to be perfectly adequate. As others have said the bathrooms could do with updating but the rather basic shower over the bath had good pressure and there was constant hot water. We had an inside room on the 5th floor and did not hear any street noise. Breakfast was fairly standard and we did not have any evening meals in the restaurants. Our main issue was the wi-fi which worked very well in our room for the first two days and didn't work at all thereafter. Judging by the number of people in the lobby at any time with various electronic devices I assume this was a common problem! Our other minor niggle was that the tea and coffee tray was not replenished on a daily basis. On one occasion we rang reception and in fairness someone was up within 10 minutes but the next day again no coffee!
Overall a good clean hotel in a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a 4 star hotel situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, overlooking Sliema Creek, Manoel Island and the capital city, Valletta. Newly refurbished to a high standards, the hotel is just 150 meters away from the nearest bus stop and within walking distance from several bars, restaurants and shopping outlets in Sliema, The Plaza shopping mall and the Ferries. All rooms are stylishly designed and feature various amenities including, an en suite bathroom and balcony, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. WiFi is available for free in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront Hotel offers various dining options including buffet breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant, or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Waterfront Hotel also features an indoor swimming pool and outdoor lido. The Waterfront Hotel offers the best location, personalized service, and Maltese hospitality at its very best. The Waterfront Hotel provides a relaxed atmosphere to make your stay in Malta a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema