I used to live in Malta, and therefore know many of the hotel locations. Sliema is the best resort to stay in as it is a working Maltese town, with plenty on offer for the tourist. A regular ferry service crosses the harbour to Valletta which is a cheap and very scenic way to get to the capital. Sliema has numerous boat trips and excursions within a few minutes walk of the hotel. We booked the Waterfront on a special deal, and knew of previous friends who had stayed there. We were very impressed. Our room, at the front of the hotel on the third floor, was large, airy, and with [ strangely for Malta ] a more than capable air conditioning unit. The breakfast is varied and set in a well presented room. Staff were very polite. The only ' moan ' would be that the main lift doesn't stop at level 1 [ for the breakfast room ] meaning that you can have quite a wait for the lift, with no obvious means of using a staircase-we tried and ended up going out of the fire escape at the side of the building! Prices were very reasonable-other friends stayed at the Corinthia St George [ 5 star ] and although it was very nice beer was €5.90 per pint!
I would definately recommend the Waterfront Sliema for location, comfort, faciliies [ a free underground car park needed because parking in Sliema can be a nightmmare ] and cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Hotel is a 4 star hotel situated in an excellent location along the Sliema promenade, overlooking Sliema Creek, Manoel Island and the capital city, Valletta. Newly refurbished to a high standards, the hotel is just 150 meters away from the nearest bus stop and within walking distance from several bars, restaurants and shopping outlets in Sliema, The Plaza shopping mall and the Ferries. All rooms are stylishly designed and feature various amenities including, an en suite bathroom and balcony, Cable TV, Mini Bar, Safe Deposit Box, Radio, Air Conditioning and Room Service. WiFi is available for free in all areas of the hotel. The Waterfront Hotel offers various dining options including buffet breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant, or light snacks at the Lobby Bar. The Waterfront Hotel also features an indoor swimming pool and outdoor lido. The Waterfront Hotel offers the best location, personalized service, and Maltese hospitality at its very best. The Waterfront Hotel provides a relaxed atmosphere to make your stay in Malta a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Waterfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Hotel Malta
- Waterfront Hotel Sliema Malta
- The Waterfront Hotel Malta/Sliema