I stayed 6 weeks at the NSTS Hibernia Residence and Hostel.
- The rooms were cleaned twice a week.
- The breakfast was served 8am untill 9am, but by 8.30am there was rarely any food left. The staff didn't check the buffet so clients had to ask them to refill everything.
- Some staff were unhelpful and inpolite particularly on reception. Reception should have been open untill 2pm but the staff often left at 11 pm.
- The internet was very poor. Having paid for 4weeks, I had to keep asking the reception for them to look at the internet which didn't work in my room. Two weeks later, after perseverence on my behal, they finally did get it working. No re-emboursement was given. I am still awaiting a return call from the manager to discuss the problem.
- The fire alarm went off three times on different nights. There were no staff at the Residence at night, It was up to clients to inform the firemen/police and the staff. The staff said that they would not come out in the middle of the night and the clients had to deal with the situation!
- The rooms were extremly hot, and having another wall less than a metre from my window,there was no air flow at all. I asked for an extra fan but I was not given one.
- The shower was a nightmare ! The curtain was not long enough and it was too narrow to cover the gap! As a consequence water poured over the floor every time I used it!
- The freezer door would not open!
- There was a power cut for a day and we lost.food in fridge etc. and we had no hot water, lights.
I would never stop at this group of hostels and would recommend it to no-one !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibernia Residence & Hostel is the place for the new generation who seeks hospitality, friendships, intercultural friendships and fun. Its warm, welcoming and caring environment combines well with the freshness and colour of its comfortably furnished rooms to provide a truly memorable stay. NSTS Hibernia Residence and Hostel offers 1 to 4 bedded self-catering studios (each equipped with a kitchenette and a private bathroom) in the Residence, and 6 to 8 bedded dorm rooms in the Hostel - separate male and female wings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hibernia Residence & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibernia Residence & Hostel Malta/Sliema