Hibernia Residence & Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
View Hotel
St. Julian's Bay Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I don't recommend it at all. I was in the room with 5 another people and the room was connected with 2 another room, so overall there were about 22 people. The room was old and not encouraging :/ For all these people there were 4 separated WC - 2 of them didn't work and common bathroom with 4 showers and 4 sinks. The kitchen- without comment. Only the receptionist was friendly, but recepion is open only till 2 pm.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Natalia13010709
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed 6 weeks at the NSTS Hibernia Residence and Hostel.

Good things:

- The rooms were cleaned twice a week.

Bad things:

- The breakfast was served 8am untill 9am, but by 8.30am there was rarely any food left. The staff didn't check the buffet so clients had to ask them to refill everything.

- Some staff were unhelpful and inpolite particularly on reception. Reception should have been open untill 2pm but the staff often left at 11 pm.

- The internet was very poor. Having paid for 4weeks, I had to keep asking the reception for them to look at the internet which didn't work in my room. Two weeks later, after perseverence on my behal, they finally did get it working. No re-emboursement was given. I am still awaiting a return call from the manager to discuss the problem.

- The fire alarm went off three times on different nights. There were no staff at the Residence at night, It was up to clients to inform the firemen/police and the staff. The staff said that they would not come out in the middle of the night and the clients had to deal with the situation!

- The rooms were extremly hot, and having another wall less than a metre from my window,there was no air flow at all. I asked for an extra fan but I was not given one.

- The shower was a nightmare ! The curtain was not long enough and it was too narrow to cover the gap! As a consequence water poured over the floor every time I used it!

- The freezer door would not open!

- There was a power cut for a day and we lost.food in fridge etc. and we had no hot water, lights.

I would never stop at this group of hostels and would recommend it to no-one !!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Les_Anglades
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I was in NSTS Hibernia residence from the end of August to the beginning of September with an organized group and we were so disappointed that we thought to leave the residence and reserve an another hostel.
It is a residence for a language school but there was no 24h reception and if you had any question you had to call a number (obviously a Maltese number, so for you an international number).
In our room there were 4 toilets but only 1 was working (for all the 20 persons in the room): 2 of them where without lock or broken lock, 1 was without light!
There were also 4 showers but no hot water and 2 of them had door with broken closure.
There was no soap in all the residence, in common areas toilets too.
Some of our friends had broken magnetic card and had to wait us to enter the residence during the night.
All our reports were ignored every day from the reception.

• Stayed: September 2010
4  Thank Sonoilpiubono
Reviewed 9 January 2010

this hostel is so clean,kindness staff,and good price!
i stayed there during low-season,so a room of 8 beds was just for me.
the reception opened only morning,but we can use a card-key for front door and our room.so very safe hostel.
if you wanna stay at cheap hotel having private room,this hostel is better for you.maybe you can stay in half price and get more nice feeling.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank ymacky
Reviewed 2 April 2007

I was staying in a room for two, and it was quite nice, clean and the staff was friendly.
I had two experiences that weren't so good...
1. Suddenly there was a lot of smoke in our room, and it was at night, we took our passports and ran out. In the hallways there was alsp a lot of smoke, or what we thought was smoke. We were waiting outside the house and people told us that it wasn't smoke, that was someone was fooling around with the fire extinguisher.
2. Me and two other friends wanted to take the lift to our floor. Suddenly the lift stopped and the door opened between two floors. Then it fell down about two meters. We were ---- in our pants and called for help for about 15 mins before someone heard us and got us out.
Afterall it's a hostel and someone will always make some pranks, but don't use the lift, we heard that a lot of people have had trouble with it.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Czyz22