We travelled as a couple and stayed at Bayview Apartments for a week. We have previously stayed at Bayview apartments a few years ago. We stayed in a studio apartment a few minutes walk away from the main hotel. The studio was clean and was exactly what we needed out of our accommodation, we just wanted somewhere basic and clean as we didn't spend much time in the studio. Unfortunately the only view we had from our balcony was a building site, the workmen working on the site were very noisy and building work was going on 6 days a week from 7.30 in the morning til after 6pm at night so it wasn't very relaxing. The bathroom was a suitable size but the shower cubicle was tiny and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. Throughout our stay the maid service was not great, she didn't do any cleaning just renewed the towels and remade the beds with dirty sheets that we had already slept on. The pillows were uncomfortable and lumpy.
The pool area is nice. There is a bar and a small pool. We didn't have any problems getting a sun lounger and the view from the sunbathing deck is lovely. There is a quieter sunbathing deck on the 6th floor which was very peaceful and not busy.
The staff at reception I found quite rude, check in took forever as the staff tried to check in lots of people all at once instead of dealing with people individually. I found that some staff had bad attitudes and did not have basic manners. Checking out also took forever and again the staff were unhelpful and rude.
I wouldn't stay here again as I think if we returned to Malta we would try somewhere different.
The hotel is in a good location, there is a bus stop outside that takes you to st Julian's and Valletta and there are numerous bars and restaurants in Sliema and the location is generally good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is ideally situated on the seafront, just 100 meters away from Sliema. It offers a variety of rooms that have balconies with sea views, side sea views and inland views, which can accommodate up to four persons. All rooms have the necessary commodities one would need whilst on holiday. The hotel is just a short walk away from Sliema. Sliema is one of Malta's busiest shopping areas with an array of shops, cafes and restaurants to suit every desire. Just a short drive away from the hotel is the St Julian's / Paceville area, which is the hub of nightlife, which includes various clubs as well as restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta