Well, I felt a certain unease when I'd read some reviews but I decided to wait New Year again in Malta, and I knew where the hotel was: just across Manoel Island with Duck Village and amusement park which was going to host a circus... So I booked. I knew in adcance that my apartment wouldn't be at the hotel but in a separate building, but I knew the street, I really wanted Gzira, charming shabby city that reminded me on small serbian towns of sixties...
It didn't begin so well. The driver of X-2 bus, which I took from the airport, was obviously a substitute: he had to look at some map and I got impression he missed direction. I knew I was supposed to get out at Posnonby station, but he stopped at Sliema Ferries and and told me "Your hotel is somewhere up...!"
So I walked two stations. cursing bad lack. Then I almost got run over by another bus, because I forgot that was Malta - they drive on the left side. Ok, that had nothing with the hotel,
I checked in, and a man showed me the way to the bulidng with apartments. I said
- I guess it's a nice view? - He lowered his gaze as a virgin girl, and I knew it. I will look at the junk yard. But it was ok, I never aksed for a bay view. (Acutallx I was welcomed by 13 cats who were expecting food, but not eagerly.)
And my room wasn't ready. I had to wait 20 minutes for a woman to clean it up.
And from there on everything was good. Very good.
Well, I went to Malta to work and spend couple of weeks in a land that resembles a forgotten kingdom from Disney's cartoons - such is the Malta I remembered from last year.
I wanted a kitchenette, spacious room, a bathroom that works --- and I got it.
The bulidng with apartments was very close to the hotel.
The room is really spacious. There is enough space in the bathroom, too.
Kitchenette was well equipped, and I even had free Wi-Fi, which I dodn't expect, knowing that only a few hotels in Malta offer that.
I appreciated that Wi-Fi very much.
I asked for a can-opener at the reception, and I got one.
A girl at the reception spoke Serbian - nice surprise upon arrival.
The only thing one might ask above was - wider choice of TV channels. (But i didn't need Tv so much.)
I even benefited from having rear window::: I could enjoy silence...
Even the breakfast was good. I took it only once - although it was included in the price - because I decided to sleep longer. They offer English breakfast (fried eggs, sausages and beans), plus ususal stuff.
Very comfortable, clean, silent stay in Malta - just what I wanted.
When I took the bus for the airport I just crossed the street. The location is very good. Buses 12 and 13 for St Julians and Valletta (depends what direction), as well for Go Kart lanes (Badger Karting venture) and Mater Dei university.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Hotel is ideally situated on the seafront, just 100 meters away from Sliema. It offers a variety of rooms that have balconies with sea views, side sea views and inland views, which can accommodate up to four persons. All rooms have the necessary commodities one would need whilst on holiday. The hotel is just a short walk away from Sliema. Sliema is one of Malta's busiest shopping areas with an array of shops, cafes and restaurants to suit every desire. Just a short drive away from the hotel is the St Julian's / Paceville area, which is the hub of nightlife, which includes various clubs as well as restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bayview Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Hotel And Apartments
- Bayview Hotel Sliema
- Bayview Hotel & Apartments Malta/Sliema
- Hotel Bayview Sliema
- Bayview Hotel Malta