“Hugh&Lena "Great value"”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Sliema
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Hugh&Lena "Great value"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have been to the Bayview apartments for the past five years and found the staff and service very good..We will be booking again this year,LOVE IT.The hotel is near to shops,bus stops and pubs.Malta is magic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hugh f
BayviewHotelMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your lovely short but straight-to-the-point review! Thank you for all your compliments, your satisfaction is our pleasure!

Looking forward to welcome you again!

Bayview Hotel & Apartments

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Llanelli, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at these apts in Sept 2013 and we had the worst ever holiday experience.I have taken a long time to put a review in as we were awaiting a response from Cosmos before doing so.We booked a one bed apt in an annex only 2 mins from the main hotel but on arrival we were taken to a huge two bedroom apt approx. 20min walk from main hotel up very steep roads, and tugging suitcases behind us trying to catch up with a young man taking us to the apt. The problems we encountered are too numerous to list except to say the apts were filthy, towels badly stained and after complaining they were replaced by equally dirty ones.The apt overlooked a workshop where old washing machines, fridges etc were being dismantled - usually by hammer - from 8am to 8pm daily.After complaining we were eventually rehoused in a one bed apt literally two mins walk from main hotel. In comparison this apt was luxurious with two balconies - one at the front and one at the rear.We were not the only ones affected and it appears the Hotel overbooks people and house them literally anywhere until they complain and when the original room you have booked becomes available.Despite paying for it we were not met at the airport and had to find our own way to the hotel at 4am .There was no rep available at the hotel all week only a phone number to an office in Malta with an obnoxious rep at the other end who was not interested in my complaints just repeating "sort it out with Cosmos when you return home"It must be said however that Cosmos have more than compensated us for the problems we encountered and we have no problems with them as tour operators.

Room Tip: Insist on going to main hotel or annex nearby.Anything else will not be acceptable
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your time publishing your review on Tripadvisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the list of difficulties and inconvenience you had experienced last September. Although we are utmost sorry for your bad experience, we are glad to read that you have been compensated by your tour operator.

The Bayview has a policy to never downgrade any guests. In your case, you have been upgraded as your tour operator has booked the apartment for you which you have been staying in for the first nights.

The management and staff of the Bayview handles guest satisfaction with absolute priority, that is the reason you have been given the higher price category apartment - which was a free upgrade.
We were extremely sorry to read about your inconvenience at the airport, we would have been more than pleased to organize your transfer to the Hotel if you had called the reception.

Thank you for your review again, we hope thad beside the above listed unpleasant experiences you have been enjoying your stay in Malta.

Bayview Hotel & Apartments

Travellers are raving about these Sliema hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

i stayed in the bayview in january 2014 had some sunny days and some rainy.when the sun was out i was lying on the rootop it host 2 pools 1 indoor 1 outdoor sauna gym massage jacuzzi this is a great hotel staff are first class and very friendly breakfast was good plenty to eat great cup of tea loads of cereals fresh milk and situated on the promanade bus stop outside door bar and chinese/indian attached great food im heading back in feb with some friends you can travel anywhere in malta for 1.50 euro all day really lovely country and the people are good.
stuart scott glasgow

Room Tip: i had a single room but double next time very clean good shower
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank snoddy45
BayviewHotelMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for all your generous compliments. We are utmost glad to hear you have appreciated the level of service, the included facilities and the breakfast the Bayview offers.

That bus stop is a bless in front of the Hotel as you can get anywhere on the island with maximum one route change, only for 1.50 EUR a day.

Thank you again for your stay and also for your kind review here on Tripadvisor.
Looking forward to see you in February!

Belgrade
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Well, I felt a certain unease when I'd read some reviews but I decided to wait New Year again in Malta, and I knew where the hotel was: just across Manoel Island with Duck Village and amusement park which was going to host a circus... So I booked. I knew in adcance that my apartment wouldn't be at the hotel but in a separate building, but I knew the street, I really wanted Gzira, charming shabby city that reminded me on small serbian towns of sixties...

It didn't begin so well. The driver of X-2 bus, which I took from the airport, was obviously a substitute: he had to look at some map and I got impression he missed direction. I knew I was supposed to get out at Posnonby station, but he stopped at Sliema Ferries and and told me "Your hotel is somewhere up...!"

So I walked two stations. cursing bad lack. Then I almost got run over by another bus, because I forgot that was Malta - they drive on the left side. Ok, that had nothing with the hotel,

I checked in, and a man showed me the way to the bulidng with apartments. I said
- I guess it's a nice view? - He lowered his gaze as a virgin girl, and I knew it. I will look at the junk yard. But it was ok, I never aksed for a bay view. (Acutallx I was welcomed by 13 cats who were expecting food, but not eagerly.)

And my room wasn't ready. I had to wait 20 minutes for a woman to clean it up.

And from there on everything was good. Very good.

Well, I went to Malta to work and spend couple of weeks in a land that resembles a forgotten kingdom from Disney's cartoons - such is the Malta I remembered from last year.
I wanted a kitchenette, spacious room, a bathroom that works --- and I got it.

The bulidng with apartments was very close to the hotel.

The room is really spacious. There is enough space in the bathroom, too.
Kitchenette was well equipped, and I even had free Wi-Fi, which I dodn't expect, knowing that only a few hotels in Malta offer that.

I appreciated that Wi-Fi very much.

I asked for a can-opener at the reception, and I got one.
A girl at the reception spoke Serbian - nice surprise upon arrival.

The only thing one might ask above was - wider choice of TV channels. (But i didn't need Tv so much.)

I even benefited from having rear window::: I could enjoy silence...

Even the breakfast was good. I took it only once - although it was included in the price - because I decided to sleep longer. They offer English breakfast (fried eggs, sausages and beans), plus ususal stuff.

Very comfortable, clean, silent stay in Malta - just what I wanted.

When I took the bus for the airport I just crossed the street. The location is very good. Buses 12 and 13 for St Julians and Valletta (depends what direction), as well for Go Kart lanes (Badger Karting venture) and Mater Dei university.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Crnkovic
BayviewHotelMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we appreciate your time taken to share your opinion in such details, it was our pleasure to read your lines.

We are utmost glad that you have enjoyed our stay in the Bayview Hotel & Apartments in Malta.
In case you would return to Malta, we are will be glad to to welcome you again.

Olomouc, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Bayview is an ok choice for Malta, even though I must admit that I was expecting something slightly better according to the reviews. The price is fair, and service is nearly always quite attentive. The rooms, however, seem a bit "tired" and in need of some updating. Beds were done every day and the towels regularly changed, but the floor had not received a sweep for quite long time, for what I could see. Breakfast alright, the view from the rooms is pretty amazing but the road under the balconies is quite noisy, from traffic and people talking outside the small restaurants nearby. I suppose that in summer it will be even worse, and keeping the window close will not help much. The location is excellent, many buses connecting Gzira to Valletta, Mdina, St. Julian, Bugibba and other parts of the islands stop literally out of the door. Overall the hotel is ok for budget travellers and big groups. Malta in general is a great place, truly worth a trip.

Room Tip: The view on the bay is truly great but mind that the rooms with the view will also face a busy road...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lamusi
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your honest review, we appreciate your time you took to submit your experiences for other travellers and guests on Tripadvisor.

As you have experienced, the Bayview Hotel & Apartments is offering exceptional value for its fair rates. Offering an excellent location and higher than three star services, compared to Maltese standards, the Bayview can be a great choice for travellers who are seeking for real value for for budget rates.

We are glad that you had an overall good impression of our Hotel.

Thank you for your review again, we would be utmost happy to welcome you again in the future.

Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just got back from 2 nights at Bayview...I chose this as a pre Christmas Retail Therapy plus dog vacation..the overall is a little confusing as there are several annex attachments (actually how many am not sure) to the hotel..our friends stayed in a relatively new block complete with most mod cons...microwave, complete kitchen and en-suite bedrooms, and a fabulous view over the harbour... we were in another annex that had basic facilities...but am not criticising... why ....yes it was dated but clean...great hot water shower and heating in the room
and quiet for sleep... and all for less than a tenner per person per night...most people cannot stay at home for that price....but the icing was it is PET friendly !!! for a refundable deposit against damage we took out beloved Saki and our friends took his brother Moto... they were happy...so we were happy....just for that aspect we will go again...staff were great...lifts were a problem sometimes but as an overall review...it was not advertised as a 5 star...but what we had was relevant to the price...so cannot complain..and there is a great pastissi shop on the corner for breakfast...

Room Tip: Book in the 2 bedroom annex with views, brilliant...and take your dog !!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bryan O
BayviewHotelMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor.
We are particularly happy that you have enjoyed your stay with your friends and dogs.
We are also glad to read that you have been satisfied with the apartments. Both the staff and management are doing their best to provide the best possible value. Room and apartment upgrades for small charges are available most of the time, and our Front Office team is always happy to show you further room options if you would like to have more.

Be careful with the pastizzies, as those are delicious but greasy. The breakfast served in the Hotel offers a great variety of hot and cold pick, salad, fruits and cereals.

Thank you so much for your review again, In case you return to Malta, we would be more than happy to welcome you again.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is third or four time I have stayed at the Bayview and when I can fortunately stay almost anywhere thanks to my work, here is where I prefer due to the location, ideal for ferry into Valletta (or the bus) or twenty minutes to the airport, even an evening stroll on the sea front. I also make full use of the free wi-fi for the apartments (using it now to write this review, in fact) and the room becomes my mini-office between appointments and meetings. The staff are always helpful and friendly with nothing too much for them. The hotel food is much more than adequate, often delicious and plenty of choice. Will I stay here again? Certainly. Would I stay here on a break with my family? Indeed I would without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask about the apartments & half board tariff. Well worth the upgrade. Enjoy Malta.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank madasafish
BayviewHotelMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Bayview Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bayview Hotel again and again. We are utmost happy to know that you are satisfied with what the Hotel offers, both the room, our staff and the meals.

Your recommendations is highly appreciated. Looking forward to welcome you next time!